I'm currently running an Engl e570 preamp through the power amp of a Peavey Valveking and am looking to downsize my cab. Currently I'm considering either the Engl E212SB or the Engl E212VHB.

A quick look at the specs of each:

E212SB - 2x Celestion V60 speakers, constructed from particleboard plus Siberian Birch baffleboard.

E212VHB - 2x Celestion V30 speakers, constructed from Siberian Birch 14 times folded.

Has anyone got any experience with either of these cabs or how they compare to one another? They're similarly priced and both being Engl cabs I know that whichever I go for I'll be getting a good product, but it would be good to get an idea of how they differ before ordering one!
The one with the V30's is the far superior cab in my opinion. I've played through both and it was no contest for me. If they're about the same price, it's a no-brainer imo.
yeah i'm not sure i've tried both but certainly on paper (and when it comes to price) the vintage cab with the v30s seems to be far superior as I K0nijn I says
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^+1
V30 are basically a go-to speaker for heavier stuff.
But if you can try them both as there are lots of people who actually like v60's more than v30. I actually like 'em both for different amps.

If you don't have such a possibility then consider the midrange of your amp, v60 are naturally scooped and v30 have an emphasised midrange. If your amp is also somewhat scoopy then I'd go with v30, if it's overly middy then v60 might help to even it out a little bit.
Well, people have already said lots about the speakers, I'd just like to say that particle bord is not the best material for a cab, so I guess that settles it.