I was just wondering if instead of using alcohol to get calluses quicker, could you use nail polish remover?
I don't get this. Just play the guitar if you want tough calluses. I'd say it takes about 2 weeks of solid playing to get a nice tough layer.
Quote by Lykira
I was just wondering if instead of using alcohol to get calluses quicker, could you use nail polish remover?

You could. Acetone is carcinogenic and toxic. That's probably why you don't see it recommended anywhere for constant use. Most MSDS sheets will list it as "may be toxic to kidneys, the reproductive system, liver, skin," Since it doesn't take all that long to develop decent callouses by simply playing, that might be the best path.
Sayonara6String Don't cheat. It won't be the same. This isn't freerunning where you grind your fingers against the curb. Getting callouses from playing guitar is simply a part of the experience. You'll get callouses if you need them in the area. Want fast callouses on your pointer finger and ring finger? Play A Welcome Burden by Disturbed. You're constantly sliding from 3-4 and 4 to 3. There are also some nice and easy rest riffs.