Hi, everyone:

I've been playing shows with my band for a while now but I've finally decided to branch out and get solo acoustic gigs for myself. I've played solo before but it's usually just been opening up for my friend's bands, my own band, open mics, etc. My first show is at a local bar a little earlier in the evening (5-8 pm) this Friday. I'm trying to put together a setlist and this is what I have right now...tried to throw in a bunch of classic rock, alt rock/grunge, and popular stuff so that I can connect with everyone. Anyone have any opinions on this set? Is there anything specific (artist, genre, etc.) that I should add or swap out for something else? Thanks

Suddenly I See (KT Tunstall)
This Love (Maroon 5)
Good (Better than Ezra)
Black Horse and the Cherry Tree (KT Tunstall)
Take it Easy (The Eagles)
Blackbird/Yesterday/You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away/With A Little Help/A Day in the Life/Rocky Raccoon/Eleanor Rigby (Beatles medley)
Me and Julio (Paul Simon)
Jane Says (Jane's Addiction)
I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For (U2)
Everlong (Foo Fighters)
Rainbow in the Dark (Dio)
Closing Time (Semisonic)
Oops I Did It Again (Britney Spears, based on the PMJ version)
Still Into You (Paramore)
Feel Good Inc. (Gorillaz)
Hey Soul Sister (Train)
On Melancholy Hill (Gorillaz)
Plush (Stone Temple Pilots)
Life by the Drop (Stevie Ray Vaughan)
Creep (Radiohead)
The Middle (Jimmy Eat World)
Are You Gonna Be My Girl (Jet)
I’ve Seen All Good People (Yes)
Owner of a Lonely Heart (Yes)
You Oughta Know (Alanis Morrisette)
Cool Kids (Echosmith)
Californication (Red Hot Chilis)
Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana- cool acoustic version, don't worry)
Mr. Brightside (The Killers)
The Big Bang (Rock Mafia)
Rooster (Alice in Chains)
Margaritaville (Jimmy Buffet)
Kiss Me (Sixpence None the Richer)
Radioactive (Imagine Dragons)
Simple Man (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
Landslide (Fleetwood Mac)
Pinball Wizard/Baba O’Riley (The Who)
Vincent (Don McLean)
Man Who Sold the World (David Bowie)
Keep Me in Your Heart (Warren Zevon)
She Hates Me (Puddle of Mudd)
Werewolves of London (Warren Zevon)
What’s Up? (4 Non Blondes)
Mama’s Broken Heart (Miranda Lambert)
Accidentally in Love (Counting Crows)
Everybody Talks (Neon Trees)
Blister in the Sun (Violent Femmes)
Life’s Been Good (Joe Walsh)

I probably won't use all the songs...whatever fits the time limit. Let me know what you think!
congrats on the gigs!

that's a good setlist, impressive that you know all of those songs
i'd play some pop radio renditions on acoustic, that attracts attention from the casual bar listener fo sho
i'd learn some led zep and pink floyd for that classic rock variety.
Last edited by k.lainad at Oct 16, 2016,
I'm no expert on recent music, but it looks like a good set list to me. How about a couple of trad blues for variety? They are easy and lend themselves well to solo w/guitar.
elyssasilverman I had some "add or exchange" suggestions for your older classic rock ideas.

Fleetwood Mac "Rhiannon"

Eagles "Lyin' Eyes"

Warren Zevon "Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner"

David Bowie, "Down Among the Madmen"

Add only suggestions, "Baby Blue" by Badfinger. This is quite possibly the best pop/rock song ever written. (IMHO, of course).

Anything by Carrie Underwood. I'd do "Inside Your heaven", but then I have a real weakness for insipid power ballads. (Hey, it's not anywhere near as overplayed as "Wind Beneath My Wings", so there). Plus, I also have an insurmountable weakness for anything completely un-danceable in a 4/4 dirge tempo. For example, "The Turning Away" Pink Floyd, better still, "Battlefield", Emerson, Lake, and Palmer

Every acoustic guitarist should know "Brown Eyed Girl", by Van Morrison. Every acoustic guitarist in the world is sick and tired of playing it. It's THAT popular! (And a great sing along).

Here's "Baby Blue":

You want to "click to the play it with a capo part", where you learn to join the acoustic and electric licks together.

I've probably bored you enough with already this but, we also have the tabs for "Baby Blue" here at UG
Last edited by Captaincranky at Oct 20, 2016,