Hi again UG Forum, I have more questions about guitar tuning.
It may be an odd question but I just really want to play Drop C songs

Is it okay to use one set of strings for one tuning, and then restring another set for a different tune?
Any advice is appreciated.
does the guitar have a trem? if you do, it is a MAJOR pain in the ass.

If not, it is do-able, but it will never be optimal.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***9V BATTERIES ARE FROM HELL!*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Definitely doable, but if you are talking about doing it with one guitar, seems like it may be a better option to pinch pennies and look for a good deal on another guitar for the collection
Yes what you want to do is perfectly fine. Use this to help you.

http://www.daddario.com/daddroptuning.page?sid=2107f1f6-42ee-4c7f-b151-79b23ece9075

Try to select the string gauge for each different tuning so that the overall tension is very similar between them. That will make your neck truss adjustment unnecessary and will keep the trem within reasonable adjustment. If doing this frequently I would suggest blocking the trem (if equipped) with a piece of wood.
Thanks everyone!
Yes my guitar has a trem, Fender Squier Strat
I think Im going to buy a Jackson Soloist rather than bother to restring a guitar every couple of hours
Try the Dunlop heavy core series. They should be good for pretty much all tunings i think..... don't quote me though. I think they are lighter than say the Ernie ball not even slinky, which even staying in a dropped running still threw my neck off. Like i said don't quote me, as it's been quite awhile since I've used them
Quote by kramer242
Try the Dunlop heavy core series. They should be good for pretty much all tunings i think..... don't quote me though. I think they are lighter than say the Ernie ball not even slinky, which even staying in a dropped running still threw my neck off. Like i said don't quote me, as it's been quite awhile since I've used them

The thing with Heavy Cores is that they have more tension than the usual strings of the same gauge. Heavy core 11s are going to be heavier in tension than standard 11s. But other than that, they work the same as all of the other strings, one set can't work for lots of different tunings in the same time.
JackovSlayer ok thanks for clarifying......i want 100% sure.....i knew the not even slinky strings were bad..... one does not forget throwing a neck off even when following direction lol