So I just ordered one of these to mess around with and use as a secondary guitar used for alternate tunings.
http://jacksonguitars.com/series/js-series/models/js-series-rr-minion-js1x-rosewood-fingerboard-neon-green/

The only question I have is how I go about stringing these and what I need in terms of string guages. The spec sheet for the guitar says NPS, .009-.042 Gauges but aren't those really light? I want tunings heavier than standard.
That is a standard gauge for 25.5" scale. Since you are a full 3" shorter, it will probably take some thick strings to do drop tuning.
"Well reeeer to you too sir...Its the internet. Do you really expect it to be completely serious?" - mcraddict81592
Thanks guys, I'll probably buy a couple packs of 11's and 12's to test them out. The only problem I now have is which packs do I get? There are so many different variations of 11 and 12 guage strings. Not all have the same #s Ernie Ball or D'addario are what I prefer.
as far as what strings, try different brands until you find what you like. its kind of a personal thing. its a journey.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Yeah, larger gauge strings aren't as Cooke cutter as 9's and 10's.

I would start with Earnie 12-56 if you really want to drop tune and go from there. That's the thickest they make pretty sure, so anything else is going to have to be from a different mfr.
"Well reeeer to you too sir...Its the internet. Do you really expect it to be completely serious?" - mcraddict81592