Poll: Do you drink P(rivilege)umpkin Spice Lattes?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you drink P(rivilege)umpkin Spice Lattes?
Yes, I am privileged garbage
5 36%
No, I am a differently abled trans-black Latinx genderfluid otherkin
9 64%
Voters: 14.
Page 1 of 2
According to a University of British Columbia scholar’s recent study, pumpkins and pumpkin spice lattes are the epitome of sexism, racism and white privilege.

In the peer-reviewed academic study titled “The Perilous Whiteness of Pumpkins“, Lisa Jordan Powell examines and analyzes the “symbolic whiteness associated with pumpkins in the contemporary United States.”

http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/13/pumpkin-spice-latte-with-an-extra-shot-of-white-privilege/

Pumpkin Spice Lattes are a symbol of racism and misogyny.

But what isn't am I right
It was my privilege
Last edited by StewieSwan at Oct 17, 2016,
i've never even seen a pumpkin spice latte never mind drunk one

y'all need to check your pumpkin spice latte privilege
The person responsible for that "study" should have a hot pumpkin spice latte tipped over their head.
I have nothing important to say
I don't drink coffee and pumpkin is disgusting.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EpiExplorer
I don't drink coffee and pumpkin is disgusting.

pumpkin is great get out

pumpkin spice etc

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
I wonder if I could make up stories about 'mah patriarcky' and get 30 bucks an article for click bait.
My PC is kill, please consider buying a physical copy of clockwork calamity to help out, and spread the work, I need all I an get.
https://daydreamanatomy.bandcamp.com/merch It's 12 usd plus shipping, but on my end printing and shipping add up to 7.50 usd, pls pay extra if you can, it'd help me out a lot. If I can't write music, play game, watch anime, shit post, I'll become an alchy again.

Please check out my New Album!!!

BandCamp (5 usd)
iTunes (6 usd)
Official Band Website
Im earl grey cause im lactose. What does make me then?
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Someone trapped in an LSD trip who believes he is both a kind of tea and a biochemical.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
pumpkin spice lattes are lame

the "pumpkin" part does pretty much nothing to the flavour. could actually just get a normal latte, get some cinnamon or vanilla syrup shot to sweeten and flavour a little and then dump a load of nutmeg on top.

pumpkin is nice enough but it's a light flavour that gets overpowered by coffee. just leave it to soups and pies and the occasional stew or roast.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Pumpkin is only good in pumpkin pie
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

a cultural appropriator
It was my privilege
Quote by kalypto
i've never even seen a pumpkin spice latte never mind drunk one

y'all need to check your pumpkin spice latte privilege

I tried one at starbucks the other day out of curiosity. wasn't worth the extra £1 over a normal latter + syrup and I had a better time a few days later when I just got a normal latte and just dumped in nutmeg and cinnamon.

eggnog latte remains the only seasonal starbucks drink I like.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
In the peer-reviewed academic study titled “The Perilous Whiteness of Pumpkins“, Lisa Jordan Powell examines and analyzes the “symbolic whiteness
Jfc. "Peer-reviewed". Yah ifbecause your peers are all brain dead sycophants who parrot the "correct" perspectives to get ahead in their field.

Symbolic whiteness just means they associate something with white people. Which in Canada could probably be most things because, ya know, there's a lot of white folk.

The people who push this garbage are the real racists. This type of language hints at some kind of racial essentialism where our habits and traits are irreconcilably tied to our skin tone. It's absurd.

"Every day I wonder how many things I am dead wrong about."
you know what's even more privileged?

The motherfuckers who wrote this are so privileged that they can afford to write about such trivial matter as an academic study.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by gonzaw
Wtf is a "pumpkin spice latte"? Sounds like it tastes like shit

it is a latte with pumpkin flavor and spices
It was my privilege
I've never had a PSL cuz I don't drink coffee. I had a pumpkin chai mix thing from trader joes once and it wasn't to my taste but everyone else I know who's tried it loves it. I love pumpkin pie (making one at this very moment actually), pumpkin curry, fried pumpkin, pumpkin stew, etc but I guess I just don't like to drink it.
cat
oh damn I haven't had pumpkin curry in so long

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
I'm so trans-black i'm regukarly mistaken for white, even by other trans-black people.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Do they not sell them to black ppl or what
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Hydra150

Nah thats the fried chicken spiced latte
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Nah thats the fried chicken spiced latte
I'd be on that like WHITE ON RICE

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

with extra mi krop

o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Oh my god fuck these people so much. The hell kinda theory they teach at the University of British Columbia?

I mean I guess I can see how pumpkin spiced lattes are sort of an aspect of middle class culture and by extension there could be cultural evidence of its being associated with the concept of "whiteness", but fucking perilous? Your dumbass 90s environmental activist language is perilous.

And all that'll happen is that people see this stuff and respond with:

Quote by seanlang01
The people who push this garbage are the real racists. This type of language hints at some kind of racial essentialism where our habits and traits are irreconcilably tied to our skin tone. It's absurd.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm so trans-black i'm regukarly mistaken for white, even by other trans-black people.

Quote by Hydra150

And this shit:

She says because PSLs lack nutrients from actual pumpkin, they are consumed solely for luxury and

Strikes me as a rigid application of some sort of weird Marxist framework on food.

From that we get the sardonic:
apparently, in Powell’s mind, only white people can have luxurious things.

So this paper is the KKK. Not equally as damaging, but an actual extension of the group. Fuck this paper.
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.

Quote by matt bickerton
Doesn't at all surprise me why so many people here tend to think you're a douche
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Oct 17, 2016,
I have never had a punpkin spice latte.

I'm with xiaoxi on this one. and I didn't read the study but the article makes it seem like "thing is popular with white people therefore thing is racist" which is dumb in every conceivable way lol.

I feel like these types of 'studies' are insulting to just about every human being.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Oct 17, 2016,
Quote by slipknot5678

I'm with xiaoxi on this one. and I didn't read the study but the article makes it seem like "thing is popular with white people therefore thing is racist" which is dumb in every conceivable way lol.

Me either. I just say I do for nefarious reasons.

Like the time I said I liked Sex in the City so I could fingerbang a girl.

As you can imagine it didnt work out
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Was her climax trigger a reference from the show and you didn't know what it was so you said 'horse-face lady said this' and she accidentally shat the bed?

Classic beefer.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Me either. I just say I do for nefarious reasons.

Like the time I said I liked Sex in the City so I could fingerbang a girl.

Because you didn't fingerbang her or because she wanted to watch Sex in the City while you did it?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slipknot5678

I feel like these types of 'studies' are insulting to just about every human being.

Yeah that's exactly it, it feels distinctly less like racism and more like one fractional aspect of white culture.

Unless the study never actually calls it sexist or racist and is just tracking its existence as a fad rather than just a drink.
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.

Quote by matt bickerton
Doesn't at all surprise me why so many people here tend to think you're a douche
Quote by EpiExplorer
Was her climax trigger a reference from the show and you didn't know what it was so you said 'horse-face lady said this' and she accidentally shat the bed?

Classic beefer.

Let's just say that she was expecting Mr.Big and all she got was a snack sized Mars bar.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Because you didn't fingerbang her or because she wanted to watch Sex in the City while you did it?

Little bit of column A, little bit of column B.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Xiaoxi

Don't you mean like Chinese on rice
Quote by TheChaz
Don't you mean like Chinese on rice

shhhh shhh, it's his inner projection shhh
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
fun fact of the day:

in Chinese "food" and "rice" are the same character.
It was my privilege
i like pumpkin pie n stuff.

pumpkin spice lattes are bougie as fuck.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i like pumpkin pie n stuff.

pumpkin spice lattes are bougie as fuck.

You mean Bourgie or bourgeois right?

Unless you're talking insertion.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You mean Bourgie or bourgeois right?

Unless you're talking insertion.
i spell it wrong/different every time.

booji
bouji
etc

fucking french silent R's.

America.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by jakesmellspoo
i spell it wrong/different every time.

booji
bouji
etc

fucking french silent R's.

America.

It's cool. So do the people that use the term the most.

I'm going to hell.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Page 1 of 2