So my trusty Boss NS-2 just went bust!
and now i need a new noise gate, i have been looking into the Sentry by TC Electronic. This seems great as it has the tone-print technology which really helps dial in good settings, and all around from reviews everyone says they are great. I want something with a built in fx loop as i do run mine through the fx loop of my amp often

Open to any suggestions

Thanks
A tone print for a noise gate? How does that work?

Well here is a start. Did you have any issues with the Boss gate? If not, then why not just get it again?
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I bought my Boss NS-2 a long time ago... haven't needed to change it for any reason..

Thus I am no help!
Gibson LP Standard T - Epiphone LP Standard (BCS wiring+pots, 57/57+ Gibson) - Fender FSR MIM Telecaster
Blackstar Series one 45 (v30's) - Jetcity JCA50h + 212cab (Eminence) - Orange Crush 35RT
To be honest i just wanted to explore different products, and i kinda feel as if the ns-2 sucked a bit of the tone. And you should go watch tc electronics video on he sentry, its actually really interesting
Quote by oskos2001
To be honest i just wanted to explore different products, and i kinda feel as if the ns-2 sucked a bit of the tone. And you should go watch tc electronics video on he sentry, its actually really interesting

What do you mean by sucking a bit of tone? I find the NS-2 has a bit of treble roll off, but nothing I couldn't EQ out. How are you running the NS-2? In front of your amp? In the loop? X-pattern?
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I've done some tracking with the Boss noise gate and I agree that it colors the tone somewhat unplesantly just being in the chain.
TC are a good brand but I'm not sure what tone print could do for a gate, maybe they can be better tailored to specific instrument toneprint but it sounds bit gimmicky to me.
I own a Mxr Smartgate which is great, has lots of options. The Hush seems to be best for set and forget gate for the loop, Isp Decimator seems very popular for high gain.
If you want an x-pattern type of pedal I'd look into the TC Sentry (heard great things but haven't used it) and the Decimator G-String.

I think you need to buy the TC Sentry and tell us all how it really compares to the NS-2!
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims