So while continuing my quest for a new guitar, I stumbled upon a Keith merrow km 7 fr s, which seems like it fits the bill. I wanted to see if anyone has any first hand experience with the guitar, as I'd have to special order. I was also curious exactly how high output that nazgul pup is. I usually prefer active, but have no issue with higher output passive.
Last edited by kramer242 at Oct 17, 2016,
Its nowhere near as chunky as typical Schecter necks. I didnt get to do a full playthrough with one, but it felt nice in the hands.
Guitars:
Squire Bullet Strat, Schecter Damien 6, Washburn WG-587 & RX10
Amp/Effects:
Peavy Vypyr 30, ISP Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
bjgrifter how did it play in comparison to Jackson, or any other thin necked guitar you may have played. I didn't have any huge issue with the thicker necks as long as sticking to mostly rhythm, but the slim neck is one of the main features I was aiming for, but also really wanted the sustainac, so this was the only slim neck 7 that seems to mostly fit
It had a textured neck and didn't feel nearly as wide as my Washburn WG587, which is what I play most at home for a 7-string. Not quite apples to apples, but it was a fairly thin neck. I don't know if it will help, but it was at the Sweetwater showroom if you're anywhere near the HQ.
Guitars:
Squire Bullet Strat, Schecter Damien 6, Washburn WG-587 & RX10
Amp/Effects:
Peavy Vypyr 30, ISP Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.
bjgrifter probably nowhere near.... I'm in pa.... now if I wanted to test a Martin acoustic I'd be set. Lol