It seems that everyone faces this same problem at one point in their evolution, so here's my version :

I have been playing for two years now and had a few gigs, still play with a band ... And I have been saving money for a guitar related upgrade.

I play a Korean Epiphone Les Paul through a 75W Line6 Amplifi (I know ...). So far not a lot of things to complain about, the guitar plays great (would maybe need a pickups upgrade, meh) and the emulation possibilities are also pretty good sounding (for practice at least, can emulate some really cool sounds and it gets better with a good distortion pedal). But I noticed that the amp lacks power when faced with a drummer ( and I'm not talking about an angry one...) or in a small gig situation, that and it's a b*tch to mic and impossible to connect to a cab.
Anyway, with about $1000 for an upgrade I was torn between a better guitar, especially a Telecaster Classic Player Baja for $770 or any of those Fender classic player, I played a friend's Classic Player 60's Strat and god was it good (even through my amp).

Or a better amp ( a Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue seemed a good choice with the money left I could even change my pickups for some Seth Lover or something similar, I could also go for one of those Peavey Tweed, hell I can even get my hands on an used 1995 Fender Twin Amp for §990).

I don't know which one is a better idea considering that in the next couple of years I don't think I will have enough time to gig much anyway with the incoming exams filled years. And the idea of owning a good tele is appealing.

I would like to have some advice on the matter, thank you for reading .
I would say amp first. Maybe get the guitar professionally checked out and setup, but it should be reasonable enough for you for now. I have very little experience with the Amplifi units but from what I understand they are "meh".

What genres are you playing? Will you often mic the amp to PA system or do you need volume from the amp to fill the venue unmiced?
Get yourself a proper tube amp, that'll make a world of difference. The guitar shoukd be ok at this level.
Sounds like youre into vintage stuff, so look at Fender tube amps or just list what kinda tones youre after and we can recommend you something .
The Amplifi units are not so bad and the emulation is pretty great stuff but it still is an emulation amp, I mean it's better than any Spider I've played or a Marshall CFx (hugh). As for music I play music ranging from blues to classic rock, sometimes even jazz (but that's when I'm alone ). It's far easier to use the amp sound for a venue because relying on mic in the kind of gigs I play is risky, one time they used monitors as speakers, (yeah, those kind of gigs).
I was always under the impression that the Marshall type of amps was great for distortion but not so much for a clean sound, and that on the contrary you could get yourself a nice fender amp and put some pedals in front of it, push the amp and get that gritty sound while having perfect clean one, could also work for Hiwatts.

I've always loved tones like Gibbon's and his Les Paul into a tweed, Duane Allman's and Blackmore's (MKII era), and the Hiwatt sound of Gilmour, the Who's Live at Leeds and Page's RAH tone. But as all those tones seem pretty different I will settle with ONE type of tone and I would love to go for a rock-blues tone like Green's or Bloomfield's, sound more versatile, easy to blend in a band and to push it.
Generally agreeing with the suggestions of amp first. With the styles of music are you playing, consider a Fender Bassbreaker or one of the Carvin amps.

A Peavey Delta Blues 115 might be a good fit for you, too.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
I'd say amp too. The Delta Blues is a good call and its brother the Classic 30.

What came to mind first is a used Mesa F-30 or F-50.

None of these options used will take all of your budget.

Mesa Lonestar would be nice too.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)

Amps:
Mesa Dual Rec Roadster 212
Peavey 5150 212 with V30s
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

alhaq369
Yeah a Supro is a wonderful idea, but I live in France so no used amp like that there .
I might settle for a Peavey because I know the brand, I never heard about carvin amps though.
There is also the Vox Ac30 C2, because it's also a name I know, I'm confortable with and an amp easier to find.

It will take some time researching and finding all those amps, but isn't gear hunting wonderful ?
Carvin probably won't be an affordable option for you in France, either.

I'd still check Reverb, though- some sellers ship virtually worldwide.

alhaq369