Hey fellow guitar players. Having some slight issues. I'm planning on purchasing a wireless system but I need some specific equipment was hoping you guys could help me with.

I'll own 6 guitars and 3 basses at the moment so what I need is one or two wireless systems (doesn't have to be both the same) and from what I'm finding online; 1 or more selectors. What I need essentially is a switcher so I can select which guitar I need without having the whole unplug and plug moments and of course this means needing a wireless receiver that can connect to 6 or more transmitters followed by a switcher to select which receiver/guitar I need.

I think I've got the concept right. If not feel free to correct me. I don't have a price range but not cheap that it doesn't work correct but not expensive that I'm breaking the bank. I'm not exactly playing large arenas but it's more for the studio & practice room so it needs to be good it works with other wireless equipment without interference.

Many thanks my music family.
Last edited by FabzGuitar at Oct 17, 2016,
You don't need a switcher -- but you will want multiple transmitters. You can set them all to the same frequency and then just turn the one you're using on and make sure the rest are turned off. It's no more effort than a "switching" setup. I use a Line 6 G90 digital.
dspellman thanks so much for the help. Found a wireless system that does that but after seeing a few rig rundowns had noticed some musicians were using switchers. But I'll check out the Line 6 G90
It's a slightly subtle distinction, but you'll usually find switchers in bands where there's a lackey (not the guitarist) backstage doing the switching. That saves the guitarist from doing the on-off on the transmitter himself; all the guitars' transmitters are "on" and the tech switches all others off via the switcher. You'll also find those guys switching effects, etc., for the guitarist, so that he can be bouncing around anywhere on the stage and the proper sound happens without the guitarist running back to stomp on something. A switcher is more trouble than it's worth if you're the guy switching guitars.

You might look into the very new Line 6 G70/G75, however, which has some interesting switching built in for someone with multiple transmitters/guitars. You can actually set up a whole different output "scene" for your Les Paul as opposed to your strat, etc. I suspect we'll see a follow-on of that tech showing up elsewhere (including Multi-FX, etc.)...

There are two manuals for the G75 on the Line 6 site. Both are helpful (I like the Advanced Guide) for setting up multiple guitars/transmitters and switching between them: http://line6.com/support/manuals/relay-g75
Last edited by dspellman at Oct 19, 2016,
I think you need this.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/JX62

That way you can just flip on a switch for the guitar that you'd use.

Another solution would be to have one power pack on a strap and get a strap changing system, like say the Dimarzio locking straps and put that on all guitars, then just unstrap the guitar with 2 clicks and put the new one and all you'd have to do is connect the input jack. It'd be 3 quick clicks, so not much time wasted.
Check this out

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RelayG10?adpos=1o3&creative=105593158081&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&product_id=RelayG10&gclid=CNKksI-Q6M8CFUxahgod32sIBw

I'm not a Line6 fan AT ALL ... but for the price and the way it was advertised, I decided to try it. I have not been disappointed in the slightest. I picked it up just to play around the house, but have since moved to gigging with it. It's TRUE wireless with no pack, recharge able, no switches. You simply pull it out and put it in the next guitar. It does it noislessly even if your guitar volume is on, syncs in a second or less, and has no loss of tone. Amazing range even through walls and tons of play time.

I obviously can't say enough good things about it. I would buy it over and over again.
Holy crap that looks impressive.

Here's another vid with more detail.

It may not be as good or long range as mor expensive units- I obviously can't say- but is it probably better than MY current cable.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
I don't play amphitheaters, but I've never went out of range on it. My man-cave is on the top level of my house in one corner; I've been in the opposite corner of the house, 2 floors down in the basement and it reaches though all the walls/floors.
I wasn't looking for a wireless unit, but maybe I'll get this one,
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

alhaq369
Quote by Xander_X
Check this out

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RelayG10?adpos=1o3&creative=105593158081&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&product_id=RelayG10&gclid=CNKksI-Q6M8CFUxahgod32sIBw

I'm not a Line6 fan AT ALL ... but for the price and the way it was advertised, I decided to try it. I have not been disappointed in the slightest. I picked it up just to play around the house, but have since moved to gigging with it. It's TRUE wireless with no pack, recharge able, no switches. You simply pull it out and put it in the next guitar. It does it noislessly even if your guitar volume is on, syncs in a second or less, and has no loss of tone. Amazing range even through walls and tons of play time.

I obviously can't say enough good things about it. I would buy it over and over again.

I've often thought about getting a wireless unit too, and that one looks good. Just one question:
What guitar do you use it with? I regularly switch between a Les Paul & SG, and always use a cable with a 90 degree jack so it isn't in the way when I'm on the SG - would the transmitter be an issue on a guitar with the jack on the front of the body?

Gibson LP Traditional, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I own a line6 G50 system, and you can easily connect multiple transmitters to it. Either use different channels for each one and change them on the receiver, or just switch them on and off. Sound quality is excelent, and i have never had it cut out or do any weird anomalies. My friend is equaly as happy with his g30 and i guess the g10 would get the job done as well, if you dont mind the dongle sticking from your guitar jack.
Jo┼ża je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
GaryBillington At any given time I have about a dozen different guitars that I use it on, but they are always Jackson's or something very similar. Haven't owned anything with a top mount jack in about 15 years .... Never owned a Gibson. Wait that's a lie, had an Explorer for a short time ...

Def never owned a guitar with a straight up top plug like an SG, closest I've had were a Fender Strat and a Jackson Stealth. I would say that it would probably be in your way as much as a straight 1/4" plug would be.
Might work with an adapter...

alhaq369