I got an old 60s era Tiesco(kawai) Telestar on a whim because it looked bad ass and I got it cheap. I haven't had any problems until I played a gig the other night and every tiny stop resulted in a huge feedback swell. I play punk so eliminating distortion is a no go and I tried taping the f holes at another gig last night to no avail. I guess the next step is getting a noise suppressor but I'm not sure where I should place it in my effects chain or what a good pedal would be. Anyone had success using a compressor/gate/noise suppressor to limit hollow body feedback?
A compressor will likely make it worse, much worse.

A good quality EQ will allow you to sweep the frequency range, find the offending resonant hot spot frequency and pull that down to reduce or eliminate feedback. Semi-hollow are always a challenge when you run hi gain.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis
I did a google image search on it, and came up with a solidbody.

Do you have pics?

Those pickups are likely very microphonic, which is a plus for some of us, but not it this application. As Cajun said, a good EQ with narrow bands might fix it.
The old school fix to hollow-body feedback is to stuff foam or rags inside the body to fill the void. No Hollow, less feedback.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Tech21 Trademark 10