So I play in one of those classic rock cover bands. We do all the dime a dozen songs like Jenny Jenny, you really got me now, blah blah blah. We've been playing more places in various towns, and never had a gig in our home town, until now.

Great right? Well there is a catch.

There are two great bars literally right next to each other.

They absolutely hate each other, and will not hire the same bands. If you play one, the other will never let you play again, or so they tell me.

The problem?

One pays more then the other, but has fewer people and a difficult dress code.

The other pays much less, but it is ALWAYS packed. Plus it has a great stage and NO dress code.

So, my question is, have you ever had to deal with this silly drama?

I think it's stupid. I mean, I can see their points on why they feud, but still..Stupid.
>large font
>COMIC SANS

This thread was dead from the beginning.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by zgr0826
>large font
>COMIC SANS

This thread was dead from the beginning.

Typical Bassist.
I feel the bar competition. The local bars all suck and have never heard of live music, let alone paying a band money, not alcoholic beverages. The non local bars are alight. The only problem is those bars are dead booked till the end of time with the same few bands. They don't want to risk anything and don't want to touch their already established circuit.

Whenever my band goes out to jam night at these places, they treat us like shit. They make us wait till the end of the night to perform dead last after most people have left. They make us play with the random harmonica players and drunk old ladies that want to sing and touch our dicks. It sucks. Worst part is that no matter how killer of a solo I rip over purple haze, nobody gives a fuck, because I'm 24 and they think because I'm "young" I have plenty of time and don't need anything from anyone. Fuck that. Record my solos bitch and post that shit on Facebook and tell all your ugly ass friends about us and let us play instead of the old hags that barely know mustang sally
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
I feel the bar competition. The local bars all suck and have never heard of live music, let alone paying a band money, not alcoholic beverages. The non local bars are alight. The only problem is those bars are dead booked till the end of time with the same few bands. They don't want to risk anything and don't want to touch their already established circuit.

Whenever my band goes out to jam night at these places, they treat us like shit. They make us wait till the end of the night to perform dead last after most people have left. They make us play with the random harmonica players and drunk old ladies that want to sing and touch our dicks. It sucks. Worst part is that no matter how killer of a solo I rip over purple haze, nobody gives a fuck, because I'm 24 and they think because I'm "young" I have plenty of time and don't need anything from anyone. Fuck that. Record my solos bitch and post that shit on Facebook and tell all your ugly ass friends about us and let us play instead of the old hags that barely know mustang sally

HAHA!

I feel this on so many levels.

If I had a nickel for every time a old bat wanted to fondle my goods.
I even had a lady tip me 60, in my belt. She wanted her money back when I refused to F her.

The crowd always comes in at the end. Don't forget when people post on facebook..

"Hey when are you guys playing again? I need to come watch"

And I think to myself..

Bitch we've played everywhere the past two years and you haven't reared your ass to any of them.
My friend got idk what you would call it, attempted rape, last open mic open jam, and it's not funny. I don't ever want to punch anyone, but if anyone tries to touch me I'm going to regret it more than you because you're gonna be on the piss stained floor covered in your own blood because your jaw just broke in half and now you can't suck anyone's dick. Women are pushing for this fictitious equality, yet I'm still not allowed to be angry when a girl I don't want anything to do with tries to touch me. Bitch you get paid just as much as anyone else fuck off and enjoy your woman president while she's still alive and breathing on her own.
Angry much??
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My friend got idk what you would call it, attempted rape, last open mic open jam, and it's not funny. I don't ever want to punch anyone, but if anyone tries to touch me I'm going to regret it more than you because you're gonna be on the piss stained floor covered in your own blood because your jaw just broke in half and now you can't suck anyone's dick. Women are pushing for this fictitious equality, yet I'm still not allowed to be angry when a girl I don't want anything to do with tries to touch me. Bitch you get paid just as much as anyone else fuck off and enjoy your woman president while she's still alive and breathing on her own.
This deserves to be read.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Yeah the whole feminist movement has turned into a major fallacy.

They already have equal rights, but it's not enough. They want more.

They don't understand the term Egalitarianism.

If they want more money, they need to actually earn that shit.
Like the rest of us.

Plus, like you said, they can sexually harass us no problem.
God forbid if we tell them they are pretty, without getting charged with rape or harassment.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I'm just gonna edit that OP for you
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

whoa
I'd go with the packed bar for less money especially if it's your home town. Your shows will be some much better with a crowd that gives you energy and also more people will hear you.

But yeah never had to deal with that sounds pretty childish lol.
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
Quote by diabolical
I'd create another made up name of the band, it will be even more fun if you can use synonyms and just play both, be band #1 in one and band #2 in the other.

This is truth. Heck, in my hometown we had four different bands that were actually just one... different names, different music, different attire, same guys. Most people didn't have a clue.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

This thread went on an interesting tangent
Yes I am falling
How much longer
Till I hit the ground?
Also, you know, you guys can at least boast to your friends. "The ladies can't keep their hands off us!"

No need to tell them what age range the ladies are.