hi all,

after some months of practising for myself on a cheap Harley Benton 20W amp i would like to step up to a tube amp.

First of all: my ( so far ) only e-guitar is a Yahama Pacifica 112J which I really do like. no pedals so far...

My preferred Genre should be Blues, Classic Rock etc... so no metal Sound distortion required at present...

Does any of you guys have experience with the Fender Rampart of this "Pawn Shop Series"...
This is quite a simply structured Piece with a very affordable Price, compared to many others i have found
I only know some yt vids about it and had no time so far to get my yam to a Music store around that offers this Rampart.

I did not find anything here using the search button so I hope some of you at least have played on this amp already and can give me a hint wether if it is worth checking out closer or if I better look for something else...

thx a lot

Uwe
No hands-on experience with the Ramparte. Looks to be quite expensive relative to its limited feature set. The usual items suggested at your stage are the Valveking Version 1 models, Jet City, and the Classic 30. Go used and you will save some $. Do you have an exact budget?
What is your budget?
Gibson LP Standard T - Epiphone LP Standard (BCS wiring+pots, 57/57+ Gibson) - Fender FSR MIM Telecaster
Blackstar Series one 45 (v30's) - Jetcity JCA50h + 212cab (Eminence) - Orange Crush 35RT
i haven't tried the rampart but i think it's a non-master volume amp? i.e. you have to turn it up to get any distortion if you have no overdrive or distortion pedals, and that will be really, really loud.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by Dave_Mc
i haven't tried the rampart but i think it's a non-master volume amp? i.e. you have to turn it up to get any distortion if you have no overdrive or distortion pedals, and that will be really, really loud.
It is a 9w amp so I imagine it does not have much headroom to begin with. Loud for bedroom of course, though.
Quote by Will Lane
It is a 9w amp so I imagine it does not have much headroom to begin with. Loud for bedroom of course, though.

yeah even single enders are normally way too loud for home use if you want to crank them

(that's actually not the one i thought he was talking about, i think it was the vaporiser i thought he was talking about. I just remembered the name there now But the advice is pretty much the same regardless )
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by diabolical
Laney LC15

I had one of these for a couple of weeks and really, really hated it. Would not recommend.

I think the Ramparte looks pretty cool personally, but as others have said, only if you can turn it up loud enough for it to overdrive. Also it will seem a lot louder at home than it does in the shop.
Quote by korinaflyingv
Also it will seem a lot louder at home than it does in the shop.

very good point
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

ok. thanks for your answers so far.

Budget would be max 300eur, and since i rate myself still a beginner i wanted to Keep this Thing as simple as possible,
i saw a test vid by session musik/Frankfurt on yt. and i really liked it
it has 2 different Inputs and the "hot" one starts to crunsh earlier in lower volume.

and i might add a nice "cheap" pedal like the digitech screaming blues ...

thx anyway folks
yep if you like it and know what you're doing, go for it. the hot input may well be high enough gain that you can get some dirt out of it at lower volumes, but then again it might not be (again, like korinaflyingv's advice about the shop, it's likely to be a lot louder in real life than it is in a youtube video!)

yeah digitech screamin blues is pretty nice if you can get it cheap (at one point they were selling new for about £20 or 25 euros i guess). it's basically a glorified boss blues driver.
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman