Page 1 of 2
the death of your mother's hopes and dreams when you were born.
=^● ⋏ ●^=
myanimelist! | steam!
---------
i'm a waste of my freedom / cause i have imprisoned myself
with this crippling lack of wealth / and my decaying sense of self
Easy money, adoring fans, no foreseeable likelihood of being run out of a job, if you can make it work it's insanely lucrative.

sounds like ur just jelly af m8
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
I'm still working hard on my dreams of one day owning Minecraft.
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I'm still working hard on my dreams of one day owning Minecraft.

You should just give up and create Meincraft instead. I think you'll like it better anyway.
Quote by Mr E Meat
this is your brain

this is your brain on RT

Quote by Standard_A440
Given that you reside in the shade of the natural light of reason, I will defer doing your homework to you.
I don't know what that means, but I do have a biography of Adolf Hitler somewhere around here.
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I don't know what that means, but I do have a biography of Adolf Hitler somewhere around here.

Imagine a video game version of Mein Kampf. Like, you actually play as Hitler through the different scenarios written about in the book. I'm not talking indie developers, either. I'm talking about a AAA title with tens of thousands of man hours poured into making it the greatest game ever played. Reviewers and the public alike would agree that nothing comes close to its greatness. It goes on to becoming the best selling game ever in only three days.

The sequel, Arbeit Macht DIE wouldn't be well received, though.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
There's nothing that sad about wanting to show off a particularly interesting creation. Although it's better to just make some screenshots and post them on the minecraft forum.

But I don't get why people would want to watch other people playing minecraft instead of playing it themselves
I have nothing important to say
Quote by zgr0826
Imagine a video game version of Mein Kampf. Like, you actually play as Hitler through the different scenarios written about in the book. I'm not talking indie developers, either. I'm talking about a AAA title with tens of thousands of man hours poured into making it the greatest game ever played. Reviewers and the public alike would agree that nothing comes close to its greatness. It goes on to becoming the best selling game ever in only three days.

Naturally it'll be made by EA, amuhauhaamuhmhhmummm. *smug face*
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by fazetaco1337
think about it for a bit.

it must be sad as hell to wake up everyday and post a 10-year-old's favourite game on youtube for 4 year olds to watch and adore your manly blocks.

think of something sadder than that. just do it, i think it's pretty hard...
probably posting on an online forum about how sad it is to make minecraft videos.
Quote by fazetaco1337
think about it for a bit.

it must be sad as hell to wake up everyday and post a 10-year-old's favourite game on youtube for 4 year olds to watch and adore your manly blocks.

think of something sadder than that. just do it, i think it's pretty hard...

This thread TBH.

Quote by zgr0826

No!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by JackSaints

But I don't get why people would want to watch other people playing minecraft instead of playing it themselves

I don't get it either. My kids spend hours watching other people play video games online
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
the appeal of lets play media is obvious. it's a kindof lazy approach to gaming where you enjoy it vicariously through another. you may also want to see how someone else reacts to the game youve played, or want to hear commentary from other players.

it's a new kind of voyuerism (without the, er, sexual part)
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Last edited by steve_muse at Oct 19, 2016,
Quote by steve_muse
the appeal of lets play media is obvious. it's a kindof lazy approach to gaming where you enjoy it vicariously through another. you may also want to see how someone else reacts to the game youve played, or want to hear commentary from other players.

There are some people I enjoy watching just because I enjoy their personality. But I started watching them because I wanted to see games that I was interested in but not enough to where I wanted to drop the cash on it. Or if it's a game that I can't play (different console or something)
fazetaco1337
Quote by drdoom8793
you
you beat me to it but my delivery was better

also hey faze you're not sadder i am sure you are great
Quote by steve_muse

Reminds me of those series critics used to put out. AtM w/ Siskel & Ebert, MST 3000, probably lots of others.
Someone who didn't rip their dick off.

Like you, lmao
Voted UG User of the Year 2015 & 2016
My lazy ass nephew (10), who should be practicing on the guitar I bought him, spends hours a day watching minecraft videos on youtube. I get that he's bored...but damn, boy.
I don't know what you're talking about? I'm proud of my YouTube Minecraft channel.
Quote by TobusRex
My lazy ass nephew (10), who should be practicing on the guitar I bought him, spends hours a day watching minecraft videos on youtube. I get that he's bored...but damn, boy.

Same here, I bought my son a guitar for his birthday when he was 14 because he wanted one it was a cheap Dean VX but had a decent neck and Grovers ( better than my first guitar for sure) FFW one year and it has about 10 months of dust on it because there was no instant gratification in learning to play he actually would have had to put some effort into learning. I took the guitar over and did some upgrades and bought him a keyboard because he wanted one and had actually been learning how to play at school it was a decent Yamaha 72 key model with all the bell and whistles I tried to get him to practice for an hour a day and see how much he could progress in 6 months but alas video games offer a faster return on his effort and again with the dust gathering.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

I honestly wanted to do this myself, but before I could even think if it was possible for me to accomplish something like that, Let's Plays blew the fuck up and especially Minecraft was everywhere.

As annoying as I find most of them, being a YouTube personality would be hella fun and rewarding.
if you think about it, aren't we all just little blocks in a big minecraft world?

~~~

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
if you think about it, aren't we all just little blocks in a big minecraft world?

~~~

you callin' me a square, bucko

I'll show u a square

my fis- wait, this is some kind of clever trap

YOU WIN THIS TIME
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
what's sadder than old men forcing instruments on their indifferent young relatives
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
I have occassionally watched parts of lets plays but I think of them as game reviews

a lot of these minecraft people actually make mods and contribute to the game itself so I don't really see it as sad. it could be a productive hobby if done right. I used to play cities xl and realised I could learn a lot from animating my own buildings (maybe more than from playing guitar ) but never did any.

this is if I ignore the fact that minecon is a thing.
People need to fill their time with something, whether it's oragami crafts, drugs, or creating/editing minecraft videos for children.

I watch a few lets players, but people I follow don't really play games I'd want to suffer through myself, and I listen to their podcast's/skits/whatever they do on their main channel, I just like their commentary/comedy regardless of what they're doing.

That said I can't stand looking at minecraft, never played it myself, but fuck, I'm just sick of seeing it.

Quote by slipknot5678

this is if I ignore the fact that minecon is a thing.

That shit is a joke on both ends. I saw a cringe compilation where a young girl asked if they'd implement a launcher that makes mod management easy, something like steam workshop where they'd openly support it, and they looked like deer in headlights. Granted she had a wicked bad speech impediment, she didn't word it as well either. Out of 10 or so dev team members hosting the panel, none of them understood the question, and it was just awkward. I exited the video because I couldn't take the second hand embarrassment.

Granted they get a lot of non/redundant questions, that was was legit, I probably got uppity about it since I had speech problems as a kid.
Last edited by stratkat at Oct 19, 2016,
The baby furs community on Deviant art is pretty sad. Imagine cringe inducing furry art, but wearing diapers, and sometimes pissing and/or shitting in them.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I really enjoy Minecraft

it's a shame that every attempt at fandomizing something designed to only work best when it goes on in your imagination has faile-oh wait
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
The baby furs community on Deviant art is pretty sad. Imagine cringe inducing furry art, but wearing diapers, and sometimes pissing and/or shitting in them.

SHALL WE RE-IGNITE THE IAN THREAD

Or shall we save it for a rainy day

Questions, questions, deplorable questions.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Quote by steve_muse
what's sadder than old men forcing instruments on their indifferent young relatives

He begged me to buy him one, so I got him a new Yamaha.

As evilnine said...no instant gratification, so back to video games.
Quote by TobusRex
He begged me to buy him one, so I got him a new Yamaha.

As evilnine said...no instant gratification, so back to video games.

Watching minecraft videos has never gotten anyone laid. Guitar doesn't really get you laid either, but you gotta lie to get them to have that incentive.

I wouldn't have picked up a guitar at 14 if I was good at girls at the time.

I am willing to guarantee it twice, guitar's still gotten more people laid then minecraft,
ok minecraft isnt that bad, but think about meeting up with your parents.

Hey Joe, (haha) what do you do for a living?

Mom, I make minecraft videos for ten year olds

Oh, great! What else?

No, nothing else, I just play minecraft.

Oh
Page 1 of 2