Hello,

I'm considering buying a Gibson Les Paul Studio. I know there are various models such as the tribute series, pro, faded and such. I was wondering if someone here knew how to tell a difference between the various models whether it's subtle differences or by he serial number. I can't find any threads or pages online about how you're able to tell the difference between. If anyone has some information, please let me know.

Thank you,
- T
i know very little about the studios, but your best bet is probably to check the gibson website. that'll list all of the colours etc. and there's a fair chance some colours will only be available in certain models. then things like the faded or satin finish, whether the pickups are covered or not, should give you some idea of which model is which.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

+1 to what Dave said.
Most variations are for the various finishes and color options. I always felt that the faded models were the best bang for your buck LPs. Try before buying if you can!
Gibson DC standard, PRS S2 Mira, Fender MIA strat, HWY1 tele, Reverend Manta Ray 290, Charvel Pro mod, ESP LTD EC1000 and Viper 400
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100, EVH 5153, Peavey Classic 30 2-2x12's
Misc. Pedals
^

Also bear in mind that some stores might have older models from previous years which may well have different features and/or colours.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?