Hello,

I'm considering buying a Gibson Les Paul Studio. I know there are various models such as the tribute series, pro, faded and such. I was wondering if someone here knew how to tell a difference between the various models whether it's subtle differences or by he serial number. I can't find any threads or pages online about how you're able to tell the difference between. If anyone has some information, please let me know.

Thank you,
- T
i know very little about the studios, but your best bet is probably to check the gibson website. that'll list all of the colours etc. and there's a fair chance some colours will only be available in certain models. then things like the faded or satin finish, whether the pickups are covered or not, should give you some idea of which model is which.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
+1 to what Dave said.
Most variations are for the various finishes and color options. I always felt that the faded models were the best bang for your buck LPs. Try before buying if you can!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Marshall JVM210 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
^

Also bear in mind that some stores might have older models from previous years which may well have different features and/or colours.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.