Hey everyone!

I was just wondering if anybody knew about the routing on a regular Mexican Strat in recent years (since 2010). I'm looking to pick one up relatively soon but I'm not sure what kind of flexibility I would have for switching out pickup configurations. I would likely keep it in SSS but I'd like the peace of mind of having that option if I ever changed my mind.
Last edited by drdoom8793 at Oct 19, 2016,
iirc, MIM Standard Strats are HSH routed. But some series of MIM Strats are not like others. The Road Worn's for example are SSS routed, Road Worn Player is HSS routed etc.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
iirc, MIM Standard Strats are HSH routed. But some series of MIM Strats are not like others. The Road Worn's for example are SSS routed, Road Worn Player is HSS routed etc.

Thanks! I poked around on Google and it seems like the consensus is that the Standard Mexican Strat is routed for HSS in recent years, which is really the only other configuration I would want. Interesting that some of the other ones are different. I may have to keep that in mind..
yeah i thought i heard HSS but i've never looked at one under the pickguard...

the usa standard and deluxe (and i assume elite, but could be wrong there) are normally HSH-routed i think
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by drdoom8793
Thanks! I poked around on Google and it seems like the consensus is that the Standard Mexican Strat is routed for HSS in recent years, which is really the only other configuration I would want. Interesting that some of the other ones are different. I may have to keep that in mind..

the standard comes in more than one pickup configuration so in the interest of keeping production costs down they just do the HSH thing so they can use any body off the line for any type of Standard. Fender does this for most of their production guitars as it is more efficient.