I like the song and i was attempting to find similar songs online but i cant find anything good that i like, i like that its acoustic and it has this shred almost harp type feel but its still metal. I guess basically I'm looking for acoustic prog metal.
-fast but not full on shred
-intuitive and unique
-acoustic
-METAL i hate when i see a thread where someone is like "oh you like black dahlia murder? man you gotta check out one direction"

NJStapp
I definitely would not call this track metal by any stretch of imagination. Just because a band writes mainly metal music doesn't mean that everything they write is metal by default You can check out Javier Reyes' solo project Mestis, he does a lot of acoustic stuff as well.

I'm new to this modding stuff so I'll leave this up to Neo and Jet, but I'm pretty sure this is the wrong subforum, maybe bands and artist would fit better. Can't recommend trying the metal rec thread though, they will not react nicely to AAL.
Quote by Jet Penguin
Theory: Not rules, just tools.

Quote by Hail
*note that by fan i mean that guy who wants his friends to know he knows this totally obscure hip band that only he knows about with 236 views on youtube. lookin' at Kev here
I think you could apply the basics of Djent to acoustic guitar. Djent is very rhythmically complex (full of polyrhythms, polymeters, and that kinda stuff) and grooves well. The guitar technique involves hard picking/strumming while palm muting. Write some interesting polyrhythmic drum parts (either with a drummer or on a computer) and play simple licks based around that. The general polyrhythm involves hi-hats in steady 4/4 (generally quarter notes but 8ths and half notes are sometimes used too), snare on the 3rd beat (it's what Meshuggah used to do) or rock back-beats (2nd and 4th beat), and kicks in an odd time signature pattern that's rather and synced with the guitar.

Here's some djent tunes played on an acoustic guitar.

Here's an electric piano cover of "New Millenium Cyanide Christ" (Meshuggah). I thought it'd be interesting and somewhat relevant to the topic.
"I don't know what you're trying to suggest. There's no shame in taking what you need to hold your position!"

Super Buu (DBZ) on assimilation (it could also apply to blues guitar and guitar soloing in general).
Quote by theogonia777
Hail killed MT

Quote by jongtr
I want to be Hail when I grow up.