Didn't even know they had a new album! Absolutely phenomenal black metal. Vocals vary between black metal shrieks and death metal growls, interesting stuff. Collection of memorable riffs than suit their atmospheric sound, and might I add they don't drain the listener. Brevity is a plus, like atmospheric black metal without the ten minutes+ of atmosphere. Certifiably not background black metal.

Hahah I'll check it out today. After a self-imposed exile I've had so much stuff to go through this fell by the wayside. I'm sure you won't guide us astray

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
The shorter song lengths are refreshing for this kind of black metal. I'm really impressed with their ability to condense all of that atmosphere into these shorter tracks. The song structures and riffing don't seem to be affected by it, actually highlights it all better since you don't have to wonder "were they playing any good riffs 11 minutes ago?" Coming from someone who likes longer tracks, even.
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?