I really don't know what is happening. I recently had my first set of strings on my electric replaced after the low e broke. Now all of the sudden my low E string broke again at the exactly same place the E string broke the first time. Both strings broke at the bridge, I was just touching the string and it broke and like became a twirl at the bridge. I'm a teenager with not alot of money. I bought the exact strings that I had on before (ernie ball).

Does anyone know what is going on with my string?
Gear:
Schecter stealth c-1
Blackshitter ID core stereo 10w
Last edited by jonahlin01 at Oct 19, 2016,
I'm no expert but if it's the same place I would guess there's something sharp on your bridge saddle. I'm awful at guitar setups and have been playing for around 15 years and to the best of my recollection I've broken a low E string once (I hit it with the pick at a funny angle a bit hard).
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

But I just can't find a sharp edge on my bridge, I tune a lot. Could that be a problem?
Gear:
Schecter stealth c-1
I would say try it again. If it happens once more within a month or two, then look into smoothing out the bridge saddle. You can buy individual strings and save some money. If you are tuning from standard tuning all around to drop D, C, etc. and back again and back down, then you could be putting too much stress on the strings. However if you are just staying in standard, then tuning a lot is not the issue.
I tend to downtune to D from standard tuning.. Well, I'm going to be going to my local music store tomorrow.
Gear:
Schecter stealth c-1
Last edited by jonahlin01 at Oct 19, 2016,
Quote by jonahlin01
I tend to downtune to D from standard tuning..
Ehh that is reasonable I guess. But I imagine if you are doing that multiple times per day, with little time in between the changes, it could put enough stress on the low E (you are talking about the thickest E string, right?) to cause it to snap prematurely.
your guitar has a Floyd Rose right? if so then you may be tightening the clamp holding the string to much which may weaken the string. the Low E is a wound string and sometimes if held to tight the core pulls out of the wind.
Will Lane
Quote by Will Lane
Ehh that is reasonable I guess. But I imagine if you are doing that multiple times per day, with little time in between the changes, it could put enough stress on the low E (you are talking about the thickest E string, right?) to cause it to snap prematurely.

But I don't downtune daily usuallly once or twice per week.
Gear:
Schecter stealth c-1
monwobobbo I don't have a floyd rose, I have a fixed bridge with string thru body.
Gear:
Schecter stealth c-1
Quote by jonahlin01
monwobobbo I don't have a floyd rose, I have a fixed bridge with string thru body.

ok then likely it's the bridge saddle which is to sharp for the string. a little filing should solve the issue.