Quote by Patton Oswalt
Not the one I did in YO MOMMA'S STANK-ASS PUSSAY!!!

The year is almost over! We need to start fellating now! What's everyone's biggest releases of the year? Looking forward to or already unleashed itself upon us.

Rummaging through my lists/poor memory:

White Medal
Desaster
Altar of Oblivion
Demon Bitch
Void Meditation Cult
Lucifer's Hammer
Solstice
40 Watt Sun
Oranssi Pazuzu
Head Of The Demon
Gargoyle (upcoming)
Urfaust (upcoming)
Mithras (upcoming)
Antaeus (upcoming)

Let's talk the best releases of the year.
There is a Dead Congregation EP coming up. Demon Bitch was great.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
How is new 40 Watt Sun? I wasn't into their first post-warning album and have not followed them.

My favorites this year are Eternal Champion (absolute classic album already) and Demon Bitch.

I liked the new High Spirits too. Not sure how popular they are here though
My opinions on 40 Watt Sun are...who hurt you Pat Walker? It's pretty good. Perhaps only metal inclusive by association I think, because it's mostly post-rock sounding stuff. Pat's vocals aren't as intense as they were with Warning (but I think that was the pinnacle of his work anyways), more introspective vocals with 40WS.

I never thought 40 Watt Sun were that good though. Take that as you will.

I also dig High Spirits. You made me remember about a few heavy metal bands haha. Might add them back in. Heavy metal seems to be thriving right now. Some truly solid, perhaps not groundbreaking, but SOLID bands making tunes these days.

I think, Lethal Steel..Dark Forest...Loads I'm sure. I'm a knob so I forget quickly. Eternal Champion like mentioned!

Quote by MHDrunk
There is a Dead Congregation EP coming up. Demon Bitch was great.

Promgulation was filthy, more is definitely welcome. Didn't even know they were planning anything more.
My quick list of notable heavy/power albums that came out this year.

Acerus
Demon Bitch
Helstar
Ravensire
Armory
Lethal Steel
Dark Forest
Eternal Champion
Spellcaster
Mob Rules
Angel Sword
Diamond Head
Eternity's End
Vicious Rumors
Steve Grimmet's Grim Reaper
Lucifer's Hammer
Sacred Steel
Havoc
Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?

Mine has been that Graven Rite demo Wildchild posted but yeah Demon Bitch is top tier too
Condor - Sangreal
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Vektor
I haven't heard much new stuff apart from some of the usual suspects.... Megadeth. Testament out soon. Also the new Sodom, Exumer and some other thrash stuff...A couple of unknown (to me at least) bands which turned out to be pretty great - Gatecreeper was one such.

I probably have a better list of older albums I heard for the first time this year or listened to properly for the first time....
Quote by Metal_Head1
That's from a few years back, but rumor is they're working on new material

Ahh lol thought it was new, so yeah that makes Demon Bitch this years favorite.
Quote by Metal_Head1
How is new 40 Watt Sun? I wasn't into their first post-warning album and have not followed them.

My favorites this year are Eternal Champion (absolute classic album already) and Demon Bitch.

I liked the new High Spirits too. Not sure how popular they are here though

It blows the first album clearly out of the water. Simply put, everything from the composition to performance and production is >>>>>>>>>> 'The Inside Room'. However, as Severed said - it's only by association that it's really metal at the moment. The style is very similar since it's Walker playing the music, but everything's a lot cleaner and lighter.

Highlights from what I heard so far (other than 40WS):
Chthe'ilist
Sorcier Des Glaces
Destroyer 666 (still weaker than their first three records, but it shows a return to their original spirit, - just misses in execution and tries to be too tough for its own good)

The ones I'm still to hear but should deliver in full:
Condor
Root
Antaeus
Master
In The Woods
The Wounded Kings
Urfaust (upcoming, as already mentioned)
Inquisition
Helstar

Demon Bitch album was good but didn't really hook me as much as the preceding EP did

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Last edited by Emenius Sleepus at Oct 22, 2016,
Forgot to mention Sumerlands and Skyliner.

Also, two great releases that totally slipped under my radar. I was thinking about making a thread for them.

Olyphant - Expedition to the Barrier Peaks - US heavy metal with possibly some occult doom/stoner influence. Solid as far as I've heard, haven't had time to listen to all of it. They seem to sing about Lovecraft stuff. One of the tracks has a Rust Cohle sound clip from True Detective

Medevil - Conductor of Storms - Canadian band. Take the thrashier Manilla Road like The Deluge and combine with Accept. They're labeled as power/thrash. Epic. Also the bass lines cut through loud and clear.

"..Time is a flat circle.."

and a few more releases of the year,

Bolzer (which apparently is trash tier)
Cultes Des Ghoules (vocals are god tier)
Deathspell Omega (sounds very much like something DsO would put out)

On a somewhat unrelated note, are album covers getting better? It certainly appears that way!
I have it written down in a notepad file but I think I only listened to a track or two from it. Was planning to check it out eventually. It's on the list, haha.

Yeah Desaster is pretty fucking great too, riffs for days.
Last edited by Falsehammer at Nov 8, 2016,