Not sure if this is the best place to post this but would just like to warn fellow guitarist on this forum looking to sharpen their skills. I signed up for jamplay 2 weeks ago everything seemed fine used a lot of the material just the usual.

Try to rent a movie later in the week my card is declined, try to sign up for membership on an online game I like, also declined. I phoned my bank this morning to get to the bottom of it turns out my card was frozen because several charges of 12.99 were billed onto my card out of Ohio, USA. The guy also went on to say that the billings were flagged and they were also billed shortly after the jamplay payment was made. The jamplay payment that was made was sent to.......you guessed it Ohio, USA.

Perhaps something is going on in my end but I made the payment with paypal in a "secure" webpage and this still has happened. So yeah just a heads up I'm lucky but wouldn't want to see any other guitarist get dinged hard...
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
Did you contact jamup to ask why there was a discrepancy?
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
this may have been a bank or online billing issue and have nothing to do with Jamplay so it's like this will be closed
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Did you contact jamup to ask why there was a discrepancy?

I'm going to call and rough up some feathers but I mean realistically what are they gonna be able to tell me.

Quote by monwobobbo
this may have been a bank or online billing issue and have nothing to do with Jamplay so it's like this will be closed

You could be right but I just wanted to warn people. I have never had an issue like this before with any online service.
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
Last edited by UFC on VHS at Oct 19, 2016,
Quote by monwobobbo

Exactly

Quote by UFC on VHS
I'm going to call and rough up some feathers but I mean realistically what are they gonna be able to tell me.

You could be right but I just wanted to warn people. I have never had an issue like this before with any online service.

Not all online services are equal and it couldve been a mistake. You couldve contacted them first to see if they could sort your issue before giving a warning.

Im not trying to say that you shouldnt speak up if a company is screwing you but if you havent contacted them to find out what is wrong before making a post like this it could be a bit misleading considering it might have been a simple mistake. I have been accidentally billed twice by companies I have been subbed to or whatever and 9/10 times contacting them clears things up.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I wasn't billed twice by Jamplay I was billed once by them and then I was billed several times from a restaurant in Ohio as well. I have never been to Ohio and I have never bought anything from Ohio.

Anyways yeah might have jumped the gun but I want ppl to know what has happened to me.
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
Quote by UFC on VHS
I wasn't billed twice by Jamplay I was billed once by them and then I was billed several times from a restaurant in Ohio as well. I have never been to Ohio and I have never bought anything from Ohio.

Anyways yeah might have jumped the gun but I want ppl to know what has happened to me.

That could be anything. Heck, your computer could be comprimised and you couldve had your card numbers stolen that way. Especially if nobody else who owns the product is affected. Even still if jamup did have an issue with personal info being leaked then its even more reason why you shouldve contacted them so they could at least be notified about possible shady activities or so you could at least get a better idea of what is going on.

Fair dues for warning people though but next time I think you should at least make an effort to contact the company first.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Fair dues for warning people though but next time I think you should at least make an effort to contact the company first.

Just got off the phone with a Jamplay employee we spoke for a bit he looked into my account and assured me that they would have absolutely nothing to do with what has happened because I made the payment through paypal and since I used paypal Jamplay would have no information on my creditcard.

It is what its is I have used my Paypal account for plenty of purchases in the past and this has never happened. One thing is forsure somewhere along the line my info was stolen.
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
Quote by UFC on VHS
Just got off the phone with a Jamplay employee we spoke for a bit he looked into my account and assured me that they would have absolutely nothing to do with what has happened because I made the payment through paypal and since I used paypal Jamplay would have no information on my creditcard.

It is what its is I have used my Paypal account for plenty of purchases in the past and this has never happened. One thing is forsure somewhere along the line my info was stolen.

Well hopefully you can get to the bottom of it. Sucks your info was stolen man. Thats never fun.
Quote by Axelfox

Quote by JustRooster