I'm not looking for some 50 watt amp, I'm talking more like... 5 to 15 watts.

I have a half stack in here, but I don't want to keep turning that on and off for little short playing sessions - it takes a while, and it has to heat up.

Basically...

What's a little cheap practice amp that has good clean sound that I can practice on, to hear mistakes while practicing (alternate picking, sweeping, etc.) that has a decent enough distortion mode that I can use to quickly check how it sounds when distorted (in overdrive)?

I have this little Fender Starcaster 15G that I've hardly even used, yet it seems the overdrive function is already messed up with it - bah humbug. It also can get way more loud than I need for a little practice amp I can use while sitting at the computer.

So.. plain clean sound + a decent distortion. 25 watts or less. ~$75 or less. I don't need nor really care about having a bunch of EQ options.

Preferably solid-state, because I might literally have little practice sessions sporadically (3 minutes here.. 15 minutes there.. 5 minutes here.. etc.). On, off, on, off, on, off.
the vox minis are pretty nice (though i haven't tried the newer versions). the mini3 or mini5 i mean. the roland microcube is pretty nice too. you might be pushing it at $75, though (unless you're ok with used).
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?