I'm not looking for some 50 watt amp, I'm talking more like... 5 to 15 watts.

I have a half stack in here, but I don't want to keep turning that on and off for little short playing sessions - it takes a while, and it has to heat up.

Basically...

What's a little cheap practice amp that has good clean sound that I can practice on, to hear mistakes while practicing (alternate picking, sweeping, etc.) that has a decent enough distortion mode that I can use to quickly check how it sounds when distorted (in overdrive)?

I have this little Fender Starcaster 15G that I've hardly even used, yet it seems the overdrive function is already messed up with it - bah humbug. It also can get way more loud than I need for a little practice amp I can use while sitting at the computer.

So.. plain clean sound + a decent distortion. 25 watts or less. ~$75 or less. I don't need nor really care about having a bunch of EQ options.

Preferably solid-state, because I might literally have little practice sessions sporadically (3 minutes here.. 15 minutes there.. 5 minutes here.. etc.). On, off, on, off, on, off.
the vox minis are pretty nice (though i haven't tried the newer versions). the mini3 or mini5 i mean. the roland microcube is pretty nice too. you might be pushing it at $75, though (unless you're ok with used).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?