Ive done some looking around and everybody suggest vintage. While vintage is cool, Ive had my hands full with an 80's JCM. SO, I really enjoy the clean tone of Metallicas One, maybe some knockin on heavens door intro, down to some little wing clean. Really would like brand new out of the box. Suggestions? Price range would preferably be less than 7-8, would really have to like it to go more. Thanks.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
you already have a Peavey Classic 30 so what's wrong with that it does a really nice clean tone? clean tone is a clean tone I don't think modern has anything to do with it.
Quote by monwobobbo
you already have a Peavey Classic 30 so what's wrong with that it does a really nice clean tone? clean tone is a clean tone I don't think modern has anything to do with it.

My sig is from about 5 years ago. Havent been on since recently. Sold it a while back as well. Anyway, the Peavey was great, but Id like to try something different, have been thinking a Fender, just dont know which one. Twin reverb has been suggested a lot I see, but I dont want to soak all that money into a vintage amp. I mean modern in a way as when I get it, I dont have to change caps, tubes, etc... Its plug and play.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by fender4482
My sig is from about 5 years ago. Havent been on since recently. Sold it a while back as well. Anyway, the Peavey was great, but Id like to try something different, have been thinking a Fender, just dont know which one. Twin reverb has been suggested a lot I see, but I dont want to soak all that money into a vintage amp. I mean modern in a way as when I get it, I dont have to change caps, tubes, etc... Its plug and play.

well the Classic 30 clean channel is based on fender amps. not sure exactly what you are looking for as again clean is clean I don't know how much you can really do with it. Twins are great but cost more than your budget new. a Hot Rod Deluxe may be more in tune with your budget if you want new. Fender has a bunch of amps that are somewhat lower wattage and a bit more affordable than a Twin.
Fender Bassbreaker series?

Carvin V3MC?

Jet City?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
look for a mesa mkIV. may be slightly out of budget.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***"What Trashed Hoards"*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
yeah as monwobobbo says, fender should have a bunch of options depending on how much headroom you need and how much money you have to spend. hot rod or blues deluxe on the cheaper end of things (assuming the blues and pro junior don't have enough headroom) and maybe one of the vintage reissues if you have a bit more money.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by monwobobbo
well the Classic 30 clean channel is based on fender amps. not sure exactly what you are looking for as again clean is clean I don't know how much you can really do with it. Twins are great but cost more than your budget new. a Hot Rod Deluxe may be more in tune with your budget if you want new. Fender has a bunch of amps that are somewhat lower wattage and a bit more affordable than a Twin.
In a thread from a few days ago, it was said the C30 was more a VOX jive, but still something of its own. Not enough experience or solid Youtube demos for me to confirm it.
Quote by fender4482
Ive done some looking around and everybody suggest vintage. While vintage is cool, Ive had my hands full with an 80's JCM. SO, I really enjoy the clean tone of Metallicas One, maybe some knockin on heavens door intro, down to some little wing clean. Really would like brand new out of the box. Suggestions? Price range would preferably be less than 7-8, would really have to like it to go more. Thanks.

Something that is curious to me is what amp those bands/songs you listed were used to record the clean parts. Guessing, I would say they used their Marshalls on a clean setting. Have you tried using your JCM on a clean setting/channel switching to see if that gets you were you want to go?
Last edited by Will Lane at Oct 20, 2016,
Quote by dannyalcatraz

Jet City?

Been there, done that. I wouldn't quite call that a contender.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

1 3 5 R
2 4 6
JustRooster fair enough.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
yeah i know the jet city i have doesn't really do fender cleans, but the 2x12 50 watt combo allegedly has a fendery clean channel, but i haven't tried it...
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Gotta remember that many bands use different amps for recording than they do to write or play live.

I was always under the impression that the C30 was voiced to mimic a Fender. I've heard nothing but good things about the Twin Reverb as you mention above.