I've been working on this piece for some time now, trying to write something Fela Kuti oriented stuff but I also have been stuck for a considerable amount of time now and wanted to post it before I might lose interest entirely. I just feel like whatever sort of solo I come up with, I write a few bars but dont really like the sound, which is something that had never happened to me before in my songwriting process. After failing multiple times at a sax solo over the final part I'm now envisioning a clean/mildly overdriven guitar solo there but nothing seems to work out so far. If someone has a spontaneous idea, even if just a couple notes to kick it off, feel free to give it a try.

In any case, I wrote this with RSE guitars and MIDI drums. If you dont have RSE, use the "for MIDI only" file, although you're really missing out.
Attachments:
For RSE.gp5
For MIDI only.gp5
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I saw that you gave me a listen and reviewed, so I'm returning the favor.  

The main riff is pretty catchy--it sounds very familiar, but I can't put my finger on it. Anyway, the drum beat definitely has some strong African influences. The song itself is actually pretty damn dope. Everything locks in place well. The solos are well done, too. I also like the jazz guitar riffing at around bar 74. Feeling some nostalgic moments, dunno how or why though. 

Anyway, I came up with an idea for a sax solo. Hopefully it helps--I really want to see the finished product.
Attachments:
Afrobeat d2 edit.gp5