Hey guys I've got an ESP LTD EC1000 and one of my pickups doesn't seem to be working. I've looked at the wires on the back of the knobs and the switch and everything seems to be good in both places as far as I can tell. I'm not an expert by any means but all the wires seem to be soldered in pretty tightly and I can't see any loose or anything. What would you guys suggest I do in this situation? Thanks!
Tony Done I actually don't, not sure how I made it this far in life without one. I've been messing with it a little more and I've got both pickups working except when the switch is in the middle. If the switch is in the middle and I turn off either pickup with it's respective knob I lose all sound. Seems like it should be something in the switch but as far as I can tell all the wires are securely in place.
jimmysmalls
Quote by jimmysmalls
Tony Done I actually don't, not sure how I made it this far in life without one. I've been messing with it a little more and I've got both pickups working except when the switch is in the middle. If the switch is in the middle and I turn off either pickup with it's respective knob I lose all sound. Seems like it should be something in the switch but as far as I can tell all the wires are securely in place.

This is working correctly. With the default wiring, in the middle position (both pickups) turing the volume off completely to either pickup will mute the sound of both.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)

Amps:
Mesa Dual Rec Roadster 212
Peavey 5150 212 with V30s
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver
Quote by metalmingee
jimmysmalls

This is working correctly. With the default wiring, in the middle position (both pickups) turing the volume off completely to either pickup will mute the sound of both.

That's good to hear, the neck pickup wasn't working at all before I messed with it a little after I created this thread. I took the screws out of it and as soon as I did I plucked a string and it came on so I screwed it back down and it's been working since but I'm assuming there's a wire on the back of the pickup that is loose or something. Would that be a possibility?
jimmysmalls
If you have EMGs with the quick connect system then you might have had a loose connection at the pickup.

Every other pickup I've seen have the wires permanently attached to the pickup.

Normally intermittent pickup outages are caused by a dirty switch or pot, questionable solder joint, broken or loose wire, etc.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)

Amps:
Mesa Dual Rec Roadster 212
Peavey 5150 212 with V30s
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver
You can rewire the pickups to the pots to get blend without that volume loss if you turn on pot all the way down. - You run pickup to the volume wiper (middle lug) and output from the hot lug of the pot. This is sometimes called "P-bass wiring".