So i recently bought a tele thinline, the '72 reissue. I was wondering how much feet buzz Ian normal on an electric guitar? It sounds fine when played plugged in, and I'm loving the action as it is, but it's got just the slightest fret buzz when not plugged in.
Is this normal?
you should post this in the gear/guitar whatever forum. more likely to get an answer there.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Nobody in the Pit even knows what a guitar is, never mind the source of fret buzz
I have nothing important to say
Quote by Themuffinman000
So i recently bought a tele thinline, the '72 reissue. I was wondering how much feet buzz Ian normal on an electric guitar? It sounds fine when played plugged in, and I'm loving the action as it is, but it's got just the slightest fret buzz when not plugged in.
Is this normal?
Yes, wrong subforum (try here next time). I will try to answer anyway.

I have the same guitar which I think plays lovely and sounds great. However, I am not a luthier and I do not know the exact standards. Here is how I see it. If you can get a guitar with impeccably good action all over the neck but no fret buzz at ALL at any playing velocity, then cool. But that is not likely to happen. The reason why is that with low action, hitting the strings hard will cause the strings to rub a bit on the frets. Which is normal to a degree. Soft finger picking, then, should lead to no fret buzz at all and that is what I look for.

Now as I said a little bit of buzz with hard strums is okay. Especially through an amp, you do not notice it as much. However, if the strings are actually deading/incorrectly resonating because of the action, then get the guitar professionally setup. There is a difference between the subtle kind of "buzz" that I mentioned earlier, and this more troublesome kind of buzz that sounds more like a sitar or just otherwise bad and unplayable.
Last edited by Will Lane at Oct 20, 2016,
Will Laneyeah I realized I posted in the wrong section two seconds after I published. I'm new around here. But thanks for the reply. It's not bothersome at all, it sounds fine through the amp, and the action is impecable as is. But there is that slight buzz to it when picking it a little hard. My strat does the same thing, but I always chalked it up to it being old. I wasn't sure if that was normal for a brand new guitar
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Guitars? Nah man, you're on the wrong website. Ultimate-Guitar is a place dedicated to the soprano bassoon.

nah it's the place to come to brag about how little musical ability you actually have
It was my privilege
Quote by StewieSwan
nah it's the place to come to brag about how little musical ability you actually have
Hence, to talk about playing soprano bassoon.