Good day,
Not sure if it's a right place for this thread, but I'm wondering how to get some cool "wild west" sounds out of my guitar. The only way I can describe what I'm looking for is in Red dead redemption soundtrack, can't really find smth similar from other artists. First thing I did is to look in country music, but it was not exactly what I was looking for. So maybe if you have some direction or ideas of where I could find more inspiration that would be cool.
Thx for the answers
The way I like to have a "wild west" type sound for my electric guitar is to use the tremolo pedal. It makes a wavy sound that is cool and kinda gives the vibes of the hot desert sun.

The example to see this sound would be the Kill Bill "My Baby Shot Me Down" sound.

For acoustic, I would look into figuring out a rhythmic pattern that gives the sense of galloping like horses. I think of Knights of Cydonia from Muse, also you can look into the video game soundtrack of the Wild Arms series.

Just some ideas of the top of my head.
Hope that helps!
"Every time you pick up your guitar to play, play as if it's the last time" -Eric Clapton
www.guitareasier.com
this track was the first thing that came to mind when I read your post.

Actual Wild West was probably all pianolas and stuff, but I always think of of fuzzy distorted guitars and slide riffs
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I asked the same question once. Reverb (I use plate because it sounds darker to me) for some distance, trem for the surreal and optional baratone guitar. I'm sure there are many other tricks mabe even vibrato. That sound to me is about uncertainty, suspense, danger.
Scales don't really factor into it much, it's more about working within a chord framework but in general you're just looking at the minor scale.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Check out some of ennio morricone's work. When I think of western music, that's what I think of.