hey guys, so ive just downloaded both BIAS FX and BIAS AMP (free trial) and I'm blown away by it so far, apart from the sound quality of the FX version, compared to the AMP version the sound is so tinny and lacking of any depth, any thoughts on why this is, am I doing something wrong?
Quote by rock rocks
hey guys, so ive just downloaded both BIAS FX and BIAS AMP (free trial) and I'm blown away by it so far, apart from the sound quality of the FX version, compared to the AMP version the sound is so tinny and lacking of any depth, any thoughts on why this is, am I doing something wrong?

Well I would think you could get similar sounds out of FX compared to AMP but at the end of the day they are slightly different suites.

Think of FX as kind of an All-in-One program. You get pedal emulation, amp emulation and post effects emulation all in one suite. So while it may sound good, the focus with that program isn't just amps, but its also emulating pedal chains and other effects on top of the standard amps. Bias AMP desktop is strictly for amp emulation and gives you more features that are in tune with that. Bias AMP desktop has the standard Bias FX touches (choose an amp, mess with the preamp, power amp, transformers, eq section etc...) but also gives you more amp/cab models as well as a tone matching feature you can use to tone match guitar tones and replicate them in Bias AMP. Unfortunately it gets rid of any of the internal modulation and time based effects so you will have to get your effects elsewhere with Bias AMP. Personally I like that better anyways because I prefer using other VST programs for things like chorus or flanger or delays and reverbs.

So to break it down, I would say Bias AMP pro is better if you're looking for strictly guitar tones (with your effects added afterwards) and Bias FX is better if you like the amps they have and need an all in one solution for playing out or goofing around.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.