Hello,
I've gotten a second hand Ibanez RG370DX last week with IBZ Neck and middle pickup and a Dimarzio DP155Bk pickup on the bridge, the guitar was very scratched, the pickups were VERY rusty and the neck pickup was missplaced and it was moving in all directions and banging to the side of the guitar every time i turn my guitar. I've taken it to a tech, he removed the rust (as much as he could), put the pickup in place and polished the guitar so no scratches are left. But, there is one problem. My neck humbucker appears pretty weak for some reason (on drive it aint such a huge difference) but on cleans, the volume is like 3x lower than the bridge one and there appear to be very little amount of bass (i've had to adjust the Low's on my Boss me-20 to 80% to make it good). My cleans patch has like 2x-2,5x more volume put into it compared to the od/ds. I did play the guitar maybe for like 30 minutes before i took it to the tech and i remember it having not such a problem. The tech told me that i should probably change my neck pickup because the dimarzio one is too strong for the neck one. The pickup's height seems pretty good as u can see in the pics

Any advice would be highly appreciated.
if you're sure it wasn't like that before your tech got hold of it, sounds like he messed something up

I mean, in my experience even low output neck humbuckers match just fine with hotter bridge humbuckers. if you don't like how the neck one sounds though i guess you could upgrade it.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by Dave_Mc
if you're sure it wasn't like that before your tech got hold of it, sounds like he messed something up

I mean, in my experience even low output neck humbuckers match just fine with hotter bridge humbuckers. if you don't like how the neck one sounds though i guess you could upgrade it.

I was told I could not mix an EMG in the bridge and keep the stock Jackson passive pickup in the neck on my Jackson King V because there would be a massive drop in volume when I switched to the neck pup so I bought a hotter passive for the bridge, later on a purchased anothe MIJ King V that had an EMG in the bridge and the stock jackson passive still in the neck and it played just fine with not noticible drop in volume, of course the tone was like night and day but it sounded good enough that I played it for 12 years before upgradin to an EMG in the neck position.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

What could be the possible cause and a possible solution, i never screwed around with the guitar electronics as i always think im gonna screw something up. Could it be that an pickup wire got de-soldered or something?. I appreciate any suggestion
Edit: note that there is a pretty nice bang when i change from neck to neck and mid position
Last edited by unfamous6661 at Oct 21, 2016,
Just noticed that its the same story for middle (S) Pickup, the bridge one has much more volume than these two
take it back to him.

if he used steel wool he could have shorted a pickup out.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***"What Trashed Hoards"*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Evilnine
I was told I could not mix an EMG in the bridge and keep the stock Jackson passive pickup in the neck on my Jackson King V because there would be a massive drop in volume when I switched to the neck pup so I bought a hotter passive for the bridge, later on a purchased anothe MIJ King V that had an EMG in the bridge and the stock jackson passive still in the neck and it played just fine with not noticible drop in volume, of course the tone was like night and day but it sounded good enough that I played it for 12 years before upgradin to an EMG in the neck position.

yeah. i've never tried an EMG with a low output passive, but i have tried pretty hot passives in the bridge with paf output neck pickups and they're normally fine, at least in my experience. as long as you're not playing totally clean, at least.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?