Page 1 of 2
It just hit me that I should probably never apply to be a pizza delivery guy because I am absolutely awful when it comes to counting. So for example when I am being paid with cash and have to give change I'd take fucking forever counting how much change to give them. Sure pre paid pizza through card online is quite common, but still, I don't think I could hand it.

I could maybe handle other money transaction jobs because there would be less pressure on getting from A to B I'd imagine.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
chrismendiola

Yeah that's fine for finding how much change is owed, but what about when it comes to counting the change and you have to add and subtract all the bloody coins to match the right amount of change. I am already really slow at this when not under pressure.

Quote by metal4eva_22
I've worked grill in fast-food for a few weeks in highschool (as you can see, i got the hell out of there ASAP lol),
and i've also worked in nice, family dining restaurants as head cashier / bar-hand for a few months.
they both had their sucky moments,
but I can't think of anything i'd be a worse employee at than flipping burgers for minimum wage, even when I was too young to posses professional skills / degrees.
Lol literally so far the answers have been:

- Cashier
- Fast food cashier
- Someone who deals with giving customers change
- Flipping burgers

All of which I've done for a job for four years lmao
Quote by chrismendiola
Lol literally so far the answers have been:

- Cashier
- Fast food cashier
- Someone who deals with giving customers change
- Flipping burgers

All of which I've done for a job for four years lmao

I like how three of those are just essentially cashier anyway haha.

I spent about four years doing that (on top of other things) as well, and while I found it easy, it gets so mind-numbingly boring.

I can't really think of any I'd suck at, off the top of my head. I wasn't very good when I first started working in kitchens, but time fixed that.
I couldn't work with food because I'd feel too tempted to eat it for myself.

Quote by metal4eva_22
Quote by Nero Galon

Well, you are highly encouraged to taste everything. I guess that's one good reason why chefs, cooks etc. tend to gain weight.
richard.warts

I honestly wouldn't have thought that, if anything I would think you'd be highly discouraged from tasting other people's food.

Quote by metal4eva_22
Quote by Nero Galon
richard.warts

I honestly wouldn't have thought that, if anything I would think you'd be highly discouraged from tasting other people's food.

It's essentially the main form of quality control. You can only truly know if something tastes right if you've tasted it yourself.
Quote by Nero Galon

After you spend so much time around it, you get sick of it. Especially once you see the way some of it's prepared or the state of the food before it does.
Quote by chrismendiola
After you spend so much time around it, you get sick of it. Especially once you see the way some of it's prepared or the state of the food before it does.

To a large extent, yeah. Plus you learn stuff that puts you off some things. For example, a lot of the time when you see a board of specials, that's the stuff that's about to go bad and they need to quickly get rid of.
being chrismendiola

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Anything at all to do with the service industry like bartending, waiting, kitchen staff.
Any sort of customer service job where you have to deal with people all day.

I love being able to keep my head down and just quietly go about being a janitor, it's definitely an awesome job.
I am very bad at the low level job I do now lol.

I'd be worse as a prep cook of all things though just cause I am awful at chopping things and making them look presentable
Quote by slipknot5678

I'd be worse as a prep cook of all things though just cause I am awful at chopping things and making them look presentable
https://www.slapchop.com/

No need to thank me

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Prostitution? Pretty sure ur required to suck in that
I'm fantastic at customer service and standing for long periods of time but I wouldn't be able to do anything that requires a significant amount of physical strength. At least not right now.
cat
Quote by slipknot5678

I hear that, as that was my biggest problem starting out. But as my first chef (and still a close friend of mine) told me, knife skills can't really be taught. They come with experience.
Quote by Redsectoreh
Anything at all to do with the service industry like bartending, waiting, kitchen staff.
Any sort of customer service job where you have to deal with people all day.

I love being able to keep my head down and just quietly go about being a janitor, it's definitely an awesome job.

All of this. I did enjoy working in my grocery store's kitchen. It was a simple job but it kept you busy once you got the timing down.

Being a cashier or anything like that... fuck no. Never again. People suck too much and stores don't pay enough for that shit.
Retail. I hate being in shops as a customer let alone a person that has nothing better to do than annoy customers to make an effort to show your working but not really working.
Is waiter low level? I did that for like 4 days in college.

1st dude that was an asshole to me I "accidentally" spilled his drink all over him. He knew I did it on purpose but I pretended to the manager that it was an accident.

If I had stayed there any longer I wouldve been "that guy" that spits in peoples food. Or worse.
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Oct 21, 2016,
Being a Janitor. That would just suck. Cleaning all the shit and pee off the toilets.
Hahaha screw you
Almost anything that doesn't challenge me. After a while, I just switch off.
Quote by Nero Galon
chrismendiola

Yeah that's fine for finding how much change is owed, but what about when it comes to counting the change and you have to add and subtract all the bloody coins to match the right amount of change. I am already really slow at this when not under pressure.

If you just start with the largest coin, pay attention to what will go over the total, and work your way down it's pretty easy.

Say you want 43 cents. First a quarter, that's 25, another quarter will put you over, so move to the next. A dime puts you at 35, but another one goes over, a nickel puts you at 40, and then you just need 3 cents. After a little practice you can easily do it as fast as it takes to pick up the coins. Say you want 87 cents, just pick up quarters counting in your head 25, 50, 75, pick up a dime and count 85, then pick up pennies 86, 87. Especially with a cash register or with one of those belt dispenser things where they're all organized it's easy. Works the same with other currencies.
Something that deals with food.

I'm actually very comfortable working in cafe type environments but elaborate food prep, cleaning, cooking and logistics are just not things that compute with me. I'd rather be the guy planning it all out.

Thinking about it, I'd be a pretty good middle manager although I'd certainly hate myself for it.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Barman.

Tried it before. There's just too many drinks, half the time I don't know what people are asking for. If you want a pint or something easy like a rum and coke, cool, otherwise I don't know what you're saying to me.
Any job where I'd have to interact with the general public.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by matt bickerton
Barman.

Tried it before. There's just too many drinks, half the time I don't know what people are asking for. If you want a pint or something easy like a rum and coke, cool, otherwise I don't know what you're saying to me.

This.

Sometimes I have to cover in the bar at work, which is usually fine because I can pour a beer or make simple things like bourbon and coke etc and that's what most of our clientele drink. It's when we get big parties of young people who like fancy cocktails and stuff that screws me because I technically haven't even been trained as a bar person. I just happen to be qualified.
Any job where I would have to interact regularly with the public it's not hard to make me have an overwhelming urge to slap the stupid out of somebody so it's likely I'd be fired and probably pick up a battery charge.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Oct 21, 2016,
Quote by Nero Galon
So for example when I am being paid with cash and have to give change I'd take fucking forever counting how much change to give them... I don't think I could hand it.

That's pretty sad, dude. That's basic arithmetic.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

1 3 5 R
2 4 6
Funny how so many people dislike dealing with people. Most jobs / careers have some sort of customer service requirement
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Page 1 of 2