So I cut the tip of my fingertip off of my index finger working in a shop a couple monthes ago. My hand slipped off a piece of wood and went into a jointer--- goodbye fingertip.
Thankfully, I only lost a little bit but even after healing over for monthes, it still hurts to apply pressure- eg. Fretting. The skin feels tough from calluses but it hurts like a finger that's developed a blister or something.
Any suggestion?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Quote by jackaljo
So I cut the tip of my fingertip off of my index finger working in a shop a couple monthes ago. My hand slipped off a piece of wood and went into a jointer--- goodbye fingertip.
Thankfully, I only lost a little bit but even after healing over for monthes, it still hurts to apply pressure- eg. Fretting. The skin feels tough from calluses but it hurts like a finger that's developed a blister or something.

Any suggestion?

Feed a new GAS, play drums in the meantime.
Well; Tony Iommi accidentally cut off the ends of two of his fingers in a metal shop, and solved the problem by fashioning plastic thimbles with leather pads on them. He's been using them ever since then, and Black Sabbath did not seem to have suffered for it.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
Talk to a doc and take time off if needed. I went 8 yrs without touching a guitar. You can go 6-8 months no problem. As much as that sucks, be thankful.

Edit as ippon said, feed the beast another way.
Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?
Last edited by gregs1020 at Oct 21, 2016,
Quote by Ippon
Feed a new GAS, play drums in the meantime.

Sooo...

Don't fret?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

alhaq369
Quote by FatalGear41
Well; Tony Iommi accidentally cut off the ends of two of his fingers in a metal shop, and solved the problem by fashioning plastic thimbles with leather pads on them. He's been using them ever since then, and Black Sabbath did not seem to have suffered for it.
TOTALLY my first thought. I'm sure you could find some info online about replicating them or at least what they looked like.

Either way, it's pretty inspiring to see that it didn't end his passion.
Try adding more delay.
Yea, Iommi's the obvious precedent. But even for him, it wasn't an overnight thing.

alhaq369
A wound like that is serious, and will take a long time to fully heal. Rest and time is the best bet.
Quote by telecastrmastr
TOTALLY my first thought. I'm sure you could find some info online about replicating them or at least what they looked like.

Either way, it's pretty inspiring to see that it didn't end his passion.

Great minds think alike.

Where would heavy metal guitar be without him?
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
Tore part of my middle finger off my fretting hand and have no pad now. Nail grows up and over the top of the finger now. Google fingertip aids for guitar on ebay and try some of them. I tried several and kind of like gorilla tips the best. There are several options and all are cheap, so order a few and see what works best for you. Have some silicone dimpled ones coming on a slow boat from China that look somewhat promising. Also herron flying fingertips might work well after your pain lessens or goes away. Just don't stop playing!
I just supper glued my fingers together over the weekend. They always told me it would happen and lucky not to have rubbed my eye or scratched...anyway, had to cut them apart with a knife which was fine and after all that the dried super glue made my fingers fairly numb until it wore off. Its very dangerous tho.
What?

Actually, that's not a bad idea. I superglue small cuts all the time and it does reduce the feeling. That would be a cheap and easy thing to try.