Thanks to you guys in the 'New to the world of Fender Strats' thread i ended up going out to try a few MIM stds since so many of you have good things to say about them.I already have a '77 hardtail which i like but it seems to have alot of string tension(maybe due to the hardtail?) and the frets are close to forty years old and need replacing which i'll get done in due course.
So I tried the MIM through a Princeton reverb silver face.It felt and sounded great!I like the sound of the pickups much better than the MIM Tele pickups which i hated.I really like this Strat.
Here she is

Anyway while i was looking around I noticed this MIM 50's Strat in black(can't remember the actual name of it) so i thought i'd give it whirl.It has the vintage radius but feels alot easier to play than my '77.Pickups sounded nice,Much different to the Std Strat.Anyway i could'nt resist so i took it and here she is

Now that Princeton i was playing i kinda fell in love with.Sounds sweeter than my Blues Jnr and has a built in tremolo with footswitch included So.....

The lady was'nt exactly too impressed when got home and brought my new acquisitions home but she's alright now.She commented on why i was filling our modest house "full of loud shit"
2016 Gibson Les Paul Traditional T in Light Burst
'77 Hardtail Strat
Epiphone Sheraton MIK Duncan '59's
MIJ 84/85 Tele
MIM Std Tele
Fender Blues Jnr
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Last edited by EyeballPaul at Oct 21, 2016,
Damn, talk about an impulse buy or 2

Sweet looking guitars man. HNGD
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Oh i forgot to mention the guy in the shop set them up for me and threw in a free gig bag for the MIM Std and gave me a discount so i also purchased a Tubescreamer mini to compliment my Princeton.Not tried it yet but can't wait!
'77 Hardtail Strat
MIJ 84/85 Tele
MIM Std Tele
Fender Blues Jnr
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Damn, talk about an impulse buy or 2

Sweet looking guitars man. HNGD
Thanks.I'm really happy with them although my wallet didn't thank me
'77 Hardtail Strat
MIJ 84/85 Tele
MIM Std Tele
Fender Blues Jnr
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Quote by EyeballPaul
I already have a '77 hardtail which i like but it seems to have alot of string tension(maybe due to the hardtail?)
Yeah, a hardtail will feel slightly tighter (although the tension is the same), as there's no "give" from the bridge when you bend - the tradeoff being that you don't have to bend quite as far to get the same pitch change.

Anyway, that's a really nice haul. The '68 Custom Princeton has a Blackface-esque scooped voicing, I believe (the bigger '68 Customs have this voicing and a Bassman voicing on separate channels), so the Tubescreamer should cooperate nicely there. I played one while Tele shopping last year and had a great time with it. The Strats are eminently cool also, I really like the Classic Series stuff. My Blonde Tele is a Classic Player but I'm not so big on those for Strats because of the weird bridge and flat radius so the Classic Series are my favourite Mexis for Strats.
yummy. sounds like you have a nice setup.

i would also recommend an overdrive. there are much better offerings than ibanez/maxon OD's on the market.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***9V BATTERIES ARE FROM HELL!*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
That is one amazingly clean vintage Princeton!

Oh, and nice strat too . I love MIM Fenders - a tough value to beat for sure.

HNGD!
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Quote by trashedlostfdup
yummy. sounds like you have a nice setup.

i would also recommend an overdrive. there are much better offerings than ibanez/maxon OD's on the market.
Yeah i've heard one or two.I heard a Nobels ODR-1 which sounded nice but feel free to add to the list
'77 Hardtail Strat
MIJ 84/85 Tele
MIM Std Tele
Fender Blues Jnr
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Last edited by EyeballPaul at Oct 22, 2016,
Quote by FlightofIcarus
That is one amazingly clean vintage Princeton!

Oh, and nice strat too . I love MIM Fenders - a tough value to beat for sure.

HNGD!
It's not a vintage.It's the new version.The tubes are vintage correct but it's apparently voiced slightly differently.
'77 Hardtail Strat
MIJ 84/85 Tele
MIM Std Tele
Fender Blues Jnr
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Nice rig! I could gig with that setup tonight. Enjoy!
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis
Quote by EyeballPaul
It's not a vintage.It's the new version.The tubes are vintage correct but it's apparently voiced slightly differently.
Goes to show what I know about Fender amps (Kind of sad, since I own one ). I just assumed yours was vintage because of the silverface style panel.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Quote by FlightofIcarus
Goes to show what I know about Fender amps (Kind of sad, since I own one ). I just assumed yours was vintage because of the silverface style panel.
They've made a '65 blackface and a '68 silverface.The '65 i think has a Jensen speaker and the '68 has a Celestion.Also they sound abit different.The '65 has more head room and a bit brighter tone like the old one.The '68 has been altered to break up a little earlier and it apparently takes OD pedals better due to its slightly darker tone.Don't worry i only learned this from Youtube reviews recently
'77 Hardtail Strat
MIJ 84/85 Tele
MIM Std Tele
Fender Blues Jnr
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Quote by EyeballPaul
They've made a '65 blackface and a '68 silverface.The '65 i think has a Jensen speaker and the '68 has a Celestion.Also they sound abit different.The '65 has more head room and a bit brighter tone like the old one.The '68 has been altered to break up a little earlier and it apparently takes OD pedals better due to its slightly darker tone.Don't worry i only learned this from Youtube reviews recently
Yeah, the '65s are straight reissues so they're meant to be precise reproductions of the originals (though on PCBs I think...). The silverface range, the '68 Customs, are sort of gently hotrodded. Some stuff I don't understand about negative feedback, and the multi-channel ones have the trem and verb on both channels, as well as a Bassman tone stack on what was the "Normal" (i.e. effects-less) channel. Really nifty amps. I have to say for my own part, while I'm happy with my '65 RI Twin, I've always thought the silverfaces looked cooler.
sweet
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

HNGD,

I really like the princeton amps - sound lovely.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
LSL CSV Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Schecter C7 Blackjack
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
all great stuff! congrats!

i gotta try one of those SF princeton RI's. the BF ones were pretty nice.
Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?
^ ditto. but also the blackfaces too. to be honest the local shops would need to actually get some in as well, that would really help with trying the blasted things.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Dave_Mc yeah i get lucky to try these things the first time around. last time i was in there, they had all the basebreakers in stock and i had no time.
Why don't they make mouse flavored cat food?
Yeah to be fair I actually think they did have some of the bassbreakers in stock last time I was in. The big problem is I wasn't in a guitar shop for years there, and now when I go in it's like there are about 50 things I'd really need to try. And I don't have the neck on me to just set up and start at one end of the guitar wall and try everything until I get to the other.
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman

The Bassbreaker is honestly my favorite traditional Marshall tone in that price range.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.