Poll: Wikileaks/etc?
Poll Options
View poll results: Wikileaks/etc?
Wikileaks is good and I want to ride Putin
25 76%
Wikileaks is bad
8 24%
Voters: 33.
Pretty simple question: Is the Russian-influenced, anti-US organization headed by an anarchic rapist who just wants to watch the world burn a good thing?

I think Wikileaks/Snowden/etc are all bad things. I try to think of their endgame and then I realize that they are just purveyors of chaos.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Lol @ usa for getting mad that foreigners try to influence elections.

USA has been handpicking foreign leaders for a century. And murdering ones that won't play ball.
what a loaded thread
ggg1 ggg2 ggg2 ggg2 ggg2 ggg2 ggg2 ggg2 ggg3

Quote by bradulator

purveyors of chaos.

Catchy slogan. WikiLeaks, the Purveyor of Chaos.
I think it's funny how libertardians are all about privacy and then wikileaks comes around releasing people's emails and suddenly they don't care about privacy
No, wikileaks is evil I saw on the news that Russia like Putin hacked it and hes trying to just rig the election and GO BACK TO BED AMERICA, YOUR GOVERNMENT IS IN CONTROL
privacy's overrated amirite
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
I don't see much difference with all the mighty technology revealing truth.

People just still support their guy or their stupid positions no matter what happens.

If Trump or Hillary were caught on film murdering kittens and raping their dead bodies it wouldn't change a godamn thing. People would still say same stupid shit, "Trump is Hitler! Hillary is so unracist she's better than MLK"
Nope Assange is an egomaniac and he belongs in jail.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by steve_muse
privacy's overrated amirite

top banter

Weird techno music suddenly crests the horizon.

Quote by bradulator

I think Wikileaks/Snowden/etc are all bad things. I try to think of their endgame and then I realize that they are just purveyors of chaos.

hang about, you never just state your opinion at the start. always some implied, suggestive crap.

are you okay?

edit: ah the whole thing is a joke. or you've blown a fuse. k.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Back when I had an edgy anarchist streak in high school, I liked it. Now that I have perspective, I think they're trying to cause chaos not for the world's benefit, but for some group behind the scenes.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by bradulator
I think it's funny how libertardians are all about privacy and then wikileaks comes around releasing people's emails and suddenly they don't care about privacy
This is borderline "Libertarians don't like rules so why do they want so many rules for what the government can do?" Naïve perspective.

Anyway, probably 50/50. He's got government types handwringing and exposed some shady stuff. On the other hand they seem to be a facilitator of illicit access and/or thievery of information and not just a journalistic whistleblower. They do not seem to have a well-defined set of principles and have taken some dumb stances.

As for Assange himself, he seems like a narcissist, but the rape accusation is a joke and almost certainly a political ploy to capture him. I'd like to see some actual criminal case against him related to Wikileaks functioning could one be made.

"Every day I wonder how many things I am dead wrong about."
In what ways is instability a good thing
Quote by bradulator
In the way that it rustles your jimmies.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Unequivocal NAH
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Quote by bradulator
that way our society better resembles the natural course of things; shedding our pretensions to order and control
Quote by bradulator
instability has potential to lead to positive change. sometimes doesn't, but it sometimes can.
to function at all, capitalism requires instability #bradlovesinstability #bradlovessnowden
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by Banjocal
that way our society better resembles the natural course of things; shedding our pretensions to order and control

ugh
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
ban him erik

that'll show em order and control
Quote by ErikLensherr

The ONLY way to stop or bring down an institution you don't like is instability.
It's a requirement.

Asking nicely just gets a quick no or an ignore
Last edited by EyeNon15 at Oct 21, 2016,
Quote by ErikLensherr
ugh
:3

Quote by EyeNon15
The ONLY way to stop or bring down an institution you don't like is instability.
It's a requirement.
what are you, some kind of communist inciting political upheaval?
There is nothing lamer than a t-shirt that says "truth" in fucking serif font.

Quote by Fat Lard
No, wikileaks is evil I saw on the news that Russia like Putin hacked it and hes trying to just rig the election and GO BACK TO BED AMERICA, YOUR GOVERNMENT IS IN CONTROL

It's all right under their noses! They just won't see! The jews in the media have blinded them!
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.

Quote by matt bickerton
Doesn't at all surprise me why so many people here tend to think you're a douche
Replace "jews" with "white people" and you'll be all like right on without irony.
You're an idiot.
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.

Quote by matt bickerton
Doesn't at all surprise me why so many people here tend to think you're a douche
TDK and its forshadowing cringe Joker quotes

My concern with Wikileaks is that they often do not know the significance and/or the danger of the materials which they come into possession of. Whistleblowing is one thing, and in almost every case it is a good thing. But sophisticated analysis of intelligence data requires a great deal more than just common sense or a strong moral compass. People who leak intelligence data have often compromised highly critical operations and put people in mortal danger, usually when doing so was never the intent of the person leaking the information. Consider the following: In July of 1971, the New York Times printed the U.S. Nuclear Arms Falback Position just before a critical arms control summit between Nixon and Brezhnev; thereby destroying any chance for an arms control agreement at that summit. Clearly, they should've known better on that one, but there were many others. The government once fought tooth and nail in the courts to prevent the release of a seemingly innocuous document that was highly classified. Had the people who wanted to leak the document understood how to evaluate such materials properly, they would've realized that the only way we could have learned the information contained in the document was that we had Brezhnev's car bugged. The release of that document tipped off the Kremlin, and a critical source of valuable intelligence was lost forever.

Wikileaks has a habit of releasing tens of thousands of documents in a single "dump." There is no way they could have properly analyzed all of the information contained in those documents. The most seemingly benign sentence contained in one of those documents could put intelligence agents, foreign agents cooperating with the United States, and United States military personnel in mortal danger. We have no way of knowing how many people have been injured, killed, or tortured and imprisoned abroad because critical information was carelessly and thoughtlessly made public. The only thing we no for certain is that it has happened - more than once. It is for these reasons that I condemn what Wikileaks does. Perhaps if they change their practices, then I would revise my opinion of them.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
Quote by sashki
chortles.

I chortle at the word chortle.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

1 3 5 R
2 4 6