I got a 6505 in March of this year and have used it minimally. Today I was playing for a few minutes and I switch to the clean channel and back to the lead channel and the distortion and gain is completely gone. It sounds like the clean channel. The amp lost a lot of volume and gain. Its a very new amp with little use so I`m confused if the tubes are bad. Tried a different guitar same problem. They are glowing orange and blue but nothing red plating. Any suggestions?

Edit: I swapped the pre amp tubes around, the sound is back but the gain is lacking bass. Im going to get new pre amp tubes
If it fits it shits
Last edited by slyrez at Oct 21, 2016,
Yeah, get a whole new set of tubes.
www.facebook.com/yourbadinfluence
If you've got gain but not enough low-end, I'd suggest replacing the power tubes as well, because that's usually what causes a lack of low-end. Make sure you replace the phase inverter tube as well. I'd highly suggest a JJ 5751 for that position and V1. They are the secret sauce...
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
retube the whole thing and keep the working spares as a backup. its always worth it to have spares around.

i have about 60+ extra tubes that are brand new, and at least 20 that are partially used. haha i am pathetic.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***9V BATTERIES ARE FROM HELL!*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/