Poll: is trashed fucking nuts?
Poll Options
View poll results: is trashed fucking nuts?
yes
21 81%
no
5 19%
Voters: 26.
Page 1 of 2
here is a stupid trashed rant. --- go easy on me. no sleep in more than 48 hours.

i am an ibanez prestige whore. period. will have #6 in january.

i have owned three jacksons. sold them all years ago. they are nice guitars, and i plan to pick up a DK-2 and maybe DKMG or something.

i want a guitar with SD black winters, but i can't ethically put duncans in an ibanez. dimarzios are like meant for ibanez. haha. i feel like the world would explode if i put duncans in an ibanez.

on the contrary, dimarzios don't belong with jackson jacksons are meant to have duncans. so i will buy a jackson or two so i could run duncans

does anybody else think like this? or am i too fucked up?

FWIW i do want a jackson or two because i like them, not just the SD thing.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!*** NEW NEW NEW!
2017/03/25 Nitrocellulose -vs- Polyester Finishes (Saturday 2017-03-25)
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Oct 22, 2016,
I'm a "whatever works" kinda guy.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
You're too fucked up!

Buy covered version if that's possible, take them out of the packaging, let someone swap them around like mad and put whatever in whatever guitar. Luck of the draw!

No, but seriously, I don't really have issues with it. If you really have issues with it, get a different brand than those 2. A Lundgren or a BKP or whatever. More expensive, but what's cost against morals.
Quote by I K0nijn I
You're too fucked up!

Buy covered version if that's possible, take them out of the packaging, let someone swap them around like mad and put whatever in whatever guitar. Luck of the draw!

No, but seriously, I don't really have issues with it. If you really have issues with it, get a different brand than those 2. A Lundgren or a BKP or whatever. More expensive, but what's cost against morals.

haha.

i am so pathetic i made a blog post. (mods if you want it off, take it off. if so i apologize).

i was thinking about BKP or Lace or Railhammer. i already have Railhammer Chisel going in one fender with a single humbucker (thank GOD that i don't have brand dilemmas with that), and am toying with the idea of a pair of lace something rather for something else.

i do miss having a jackson though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
FYI --- i haven't slept in literally over 48 hours, starting to lose my mind... lol fuck insomnia.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

I don't understand what's wrong with SD's in an Ibby. I've done it. Worked well.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
I don't understand what's wrong with SD's in an Ibby. I've done it. Worked well.

vai, satch, petrucci, etc. and as far as i know, ibanez doesn't equip any guitars with SD's. i am just a little OCD with shit like that.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

WTF does it matter what Ibanez fit themselves. Ibanez have a long history of using shitty pickups. You're effectively taking advice from them? Are you outa your mind?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
WTF does it matter what Ibanez fit themselves. Ibanez have a long history of using shitty pickups. You're effectively taking advice from them? Are you outa your mind?

not on the prestiges :shurg:

and yes i am out of my mind. just OCD.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

You down with OCD?

Yeah you know T!

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by dannyalcatraz
You down with OCD?

Yeah you know T!

haha.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

I have a S450 with X2N, Hot Rails and Pearly Gates in neck position.
The stock pickups were awful and I just went with what sounded good to me. Having the X2N, I didn't need overdrive as it was overdriven enough, and the other 2 are great for lead and clean.
Quote by diabolical
I have a S450 with X2N, Hot Rails and Pearly Gates in neck position.
The stock pickups were awful and I just went with what sounded good to me. Having the X2N, I didn't need overdrive as it was overdriven enough, and the other 2 are great for lead and clean.

ibanez stock pickups do suck, but the prestiges come with decent pickups.

i had an X2N for a while, i hated the thing... lol. i had it in three guitars and couldn't stand it. but some people like them.

pearly gates are yummy though. hot-rails are awesome too.

:shurg: i guess i am f'd in the head.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

I K0nijn I has the right of it, IMHO.

If this really is a hang up for you, choose a path not taken. Plenty of pickup makers out there. Railhammers & Lace kick ass. BKP kicks ass and- like all UK pickups (and other products) are relatively cheaper these days, courtesy of the Brexit vote tanking the £.

Throw off your shackles! Fly free, Icarus!

Quote by dannyalcatraz
I K0nijn I has the right of it, IMHO.

If this really is a hang up for you, choose a path not taken. Plenty of pickup makers out there. Railhammers & Lace kick ass. BKP kicks ass and- like all UK pickups (and other products) are relatively cheaper these days, courtesy of the Brexit vote tanking the £.

Throw off your shackles! Fly free, Icarus!

for some reason i feel better about the common brands. one thing i don't know to what degree, but the wait is kind of a killer. the whole 'custom' thing scares me a little bit because i don't know how to best describe my needs. i am usually flexible, but if i am paying for a custom wind, i want it to be perfect. $100 for a lace or railhammer is awesome, i haven't had a ton of experience, but i feel more knowing what i am getting into.

i guess i will buy the jacksons first and worry about it then

i have come to my insane obsession and i won't throw SD's in an ibanez. lol. plus all of my ibanez' have pickups in that i like at the moment. so its not like i am extremely dissatisfied. not enough to drop $200 into them anyways. that is half of one of the jacksons used... lol.

i am very budget conscious to a degree, but it all comes down to a fact that i am a whore. i sleep around for free. don't need no pimpette, i don't need to get paid, just sleep around and get laid. in this case buying more gear and passing out with my new guitar in my hands.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

I can see where you're coming from, trashedlostfdup. In order to better justify your craziness, if you're going to have a different brand of guitar, you might as well have different pickups in them too, for more tonal variety.
Quote by luke.g.henderso
I can see where you're coming from, trashedlostfdup. In order to better justify your craziness, if you're going to have a different brand of guitar, you might as well have different pickups in them too, for more tonal variety.

yeah. jacksons come with SD's or EMG's. Ibanez are all Dimarzio and EMG's. i guess that is my point.

while SD and dimarzio are similar, they have a different flavour. I guess i could say from experience that with five ibanez' with dimarzios that i do like it that way. tried and true.

i have had SD's in jacksons and they work great, just slightly different.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

No point trying to make your Jacksons sound the same as your Ibanez guitars :-)

But what if you were getting an LTD EC-series guitar? EMGs, Duncans, or Dimarzios? I think there are models that come stock with each of those brands, so none are "wrong". One of each?
Quote by luke.g.henderso
No point trying to make your Jacksons sound the same as your Ibanez guitars :-)

But what if you were getting an LTD EC-series guitar? EMGs, Duncans, or Dimarzios? I think there are models that come stock with each of those brands, so none are "wrong". One of each?

i don't know, i have owned three LTD's all EMG. They don't exclusively use one brand though. to me when i think 'ESP' or 'LTD'' i automatically pickture EMG's. at the time when i had them and they were really popular 2006-2007 i knew a lot of emerging artists were using EC's and at that time EMG's were stupid popular for that kind of music. i used EMG's back then for that type of music as well. think NWOAHM kind of metal.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

Anyway, if I were in your position, I would buy a new Jackson and put the Black Winters in, rather than putting them in an Ibanez I already had.
I don't know enough about guitar pickups to answer the question so I vote C: Unqualified

As far as stuff I do know about, if it is a collector piece where buyers and appraisers gauge originality, then stay original, but if not then let your ears decide.

Decades ago I would always put Firestone tires on Fords, and Goodyear tires on Chevys, but now I just use whatever I want or whatever is on sale or whatever the shop has in stock in case I rolled in with a flat.

I don't own a higher end guitar, but this thread did make me curious about what my Ibanez has in it, so if I end up with new pickups I'm going to blame it on this thread. Thanks.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I'm a "whatever works" kinda guy.

ditto.

I can't think of anything I do that's particularly religious, other than supergluing frets and tossing new (to me) guitars on the PLEK. And that's only a fairly recent "Paul on the road to Damascus" thing.
trashedlostfdup I guess it's a good thing that you never bought a Jon Kammerer. His stock pickups are Golden Age, DiMarzios and Seymour Duncans.

whatever pickups sound good is the only answer. ok Ibanez doesn't use SD's so what I'm sure it's a contract / best deal thing for them. as soon as you start limiting yourself then you are just hurting potential great tone and more importantly coming up with "your" great tone. DON'T DO IT!
What do people think about mixing brands on one guitar? I felt a little weirded-out when I found out that J.D. Cronise from The Sword had a guitar with a Super Distortion and a Pearly Gates.
luke.g.henderso

I admit that bugs me a little. A little.

Quote by luke.g.henderso
What do people think about mixing brands on one guitar? I felt a little weirded-out when I found out that J.D. Cronise from The Sword had a guitar with a Super Distortion and a Pearly Gates.

don't care, if the combo works then why limit yourself.
luke.g.henderso I did that with my partscaster--DiMarzio bridge, Creamery neck--but that guitar's kind of a bastard anyway. For others it does bother me a little bit, but then my other modded guitars have matching sets. I wouldn't necessarily avoid mixing brands, but when I'm shopping pickups it seems easier to find information about pickups working well together, or not, from the same manufacturer's line.
LysanderSpoon

Exactly.

You're just fucked up. Pathetic. Mental probably.

I'd put pickups in it from a $4 yard sale guitar made in 1968 if they sounded good.

wrong color even...and I'd LIKE IT...and I'd paint it with frikkin' KRYLON...

yeah I'm just as demented as you are.

Now go to bed.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
http://www.ibanez.com/products/u_eg_detail.php?year=2016&cat_id=1&series_id=37&data_id=387&color=CL01
http://www.ibanez.com/products/eg_detail.php?year=2016&area_id=2&cat_id=1&series_id=5&data_id=370&color=CL01
The second one can handle metal. Might pick it up myself if I ever can justify the money. Also, there isn't a lot of difference between Premium and Prestige. At all. You're the Ibanez nerd though, but afaik they're made by the exact same people from the exact same woods in the exact same place with the same electronics.

/endthread
The above post is in terms of 'YMMV' and 'IMO', etc...

Quote by Offworld92
This debate is exhausting to read.
The guitar world is drowned in fairy dust.
We need to start at the very beginning. What is tone.
Last edited by 2Crosser at Oct 23, 2016,
hahaha i thought it was going to actually be a serious moral dilemma

I know what you mean about ibanez and dimarzios, but occasionally ibanez has fitted duncans as stock- some of the old SZs had "ibz/duncan" pickups I think, and sometimes the J customs have "real" Duncans. If that helps.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by 2Crosser

Also, there isn't a lot of difference between Premium and Prestige. At all. You're the Ibanez nerd though, but afaik they're made by the exact same people from the exact same woods in the exact same place with the same electronics.

Do you have any evidence to support these facts or are the sources just people trying to rationalise why they didn't spend more to get the better quality guitar?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by korinaflyingv
I have Dimarzios in a vintage style Tele, how's that for sacrilege. (they sound really good)

I hear that's a capital offence in Nashville!
Quote by korinaflyingv
I have Dimarzios in a vintage style Tele, how's that for sacrilege. (they sound really good)

I have dimarzios in a USA tele. that i can live with.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

Page 1 of 2