I want to listen to laptop sound through guitar amp while playing guitar.
i have a electric guitar and fender mustang amp.
What i would like to do is to listen to say youtube instruction video and play guitar at the same time.
Sound from youtube audio and guitar both should be audible from guitar amp through headphone.
What kind of setup will i need
You should be able to plug a cable from the headphone jack on the laptop to the AUX jack on the amp. It needs to be 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo male to male. Same jack most headphones and earbuds have. Something like this will work: https://www.amazon.com/HDE-3-5mm-Audio-Cable-1M/dp/B001WAOZVM

You should be able to find one at like radioshack or best buy or whatever.

edit: double check the size of the AUX jack to make sure. I'm just going off a picture of a fender mustang. Some amps use the 1/4" for the AUX jack as well (same size as the guitar cable), which would mean you could use the same cable I mentioned, but with a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter on one end, or else a 1/8" to 1/4" cable.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Oct 22, 2016,
Seems like the Mustang has a 1/8" (3.5 mm) jack, so any normal 1/8"-to-1/8" will work just fine from your computer to the amp.