So my friend has just got back into drumming after some time of not playing, and I have been playing guitar for ~1.5 years. What are some good, preferably rock/grunge/similar, tracks for us to play? Thanks!
smells like teen spirit? captain obvious to the rescue, but it's not too hard and a classic
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
smells like teen spirit? captain obvious to the rescue, but it's not too hard and a classic

IMO this is not a great song without a bass player.. For a new drummer making the majority of the sound during the verses will get rough. You could learn the bass parts to help fill the void I guess.

IMO find something the drummer likes, he's new and needs something easy to play. If he likes the song he'll be inspired to play more.
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '15 Epi LP Standard with 57/57+ Gibbys
Blackstar S1-45, Marshall DSL100H, JetCity JCA50H
^ that's a fair point, as you said the verse is almost all bass, i forgot about that. Good call.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You could get a octave and play bass on guitar
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻
The bass part is just the chorus. Play distorted power chords for the guitar, and go clean and single notes for the bass only verses. Works for most nirvana songs. But anyway, yeah, nirvana songs are great for what you're going for. Maybe some smashing pumpkins. Zero isn't hard at all, unless you actually try to replicate the solo. And they don't even do that. Cherub rock is a good one.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6