talk nonstop about scales and arpeggios

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by metaldud536
It could be worse. You could be a child soldier in Africa getting raped by your commander tonight.

Maybe Ill just use this nonstop until they leave me on a corner somewhere
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM

I thought we were gonna help him fake his own death not get laid
Why bother faking it? It's so much easier to really kill yourself.

Disclaimer: do not by any means kill yourself unless you are already dying and are being aided by a medical professional
Quote by chaoticfables
I thought we were gonna help him fake his own death not get laid
He'll get so much tang that he'll suffocate and legit die.
Voted UG User of the Year 2015 & 2016
Get a bucket of sweet sweet swine blood and Carrie yourself with it. Go to sleep right after.
Oh it went fine tbr

Wish I had watched bojack horseman and not spent any money instead
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
whenever i want to look like a boring conversationalist i start talking about vacuum tubes

also next time op just be like "nah i don't want to go if that's cool, jsut want to chill at house"
You can't talk about scales and arpeggios if your instrument isn't even set up and tuned to play anything logical. What's the point? You really like the sound of that open G chord don't you squidward? Is it really worth fucking up all the intervals, forcing you to play stuff only a noob guitarist would be able to play and not really thinking outside the box. You should just stay home and practice.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
You can't talk about scales and arpeggios if your instrument isn't even set up and tuned to play anything logical. What's the point? You really like the sound of that open G chord don't you squidward? Is it really worth fucking up all the intervals, forcing you to play stuff only a noob guitarist would be able to play and not really thinking outside the box. You should just stay home and practice.

I read this post without seeing your username first and I actually thought someone was saying this to you after watching that godawful Skrillex video lmao.
Quote by Will Lane
whenever i want to look like a boring conversationalist i start talking about vacuum tubes

also next time op just be like "nah i don't want to go if that's cool, jsut want to chill at house"

Yeah I just dont want to go to a friends birthday party for no real reason lmao ha good one
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Why bother faking it? It's so much easier to really kill yourself.

Disclaimer: do not by any means kill yourself unless you are already dying and are being aided by a medical professional

but what if you dying saves the world
Spinnerweb
You misunderstood. When I said fucks up the intervals, I means, the shape of any interval played amongst the E A D and G strings is not similar the the interval shape it would be on the B and E strings. Like a major 3. On the E and A strings, it's
A4
E5

But on the G and B strings it's

B5
G5

It messes up all the shapes. All of them.

When you tune to something symmetrical, like 4ths, you would be able to play stuff like this

G5-7
D5-7
A5-7
E5-8

And transpose it
F7-9
C7-9
G7-9
D7-10

And as you can see, the shape is the same. Is that not logical? You ALL act as if I am completely insane and suck at the guitar. What the heck? It makes everything so much easier. I don't explain this shit because I want to hear people tell people jrcagtpeppers told me to tune like this, I want it to just be the logical choice, just like standard is. Why is a non symmetrical tuning the standard way to tune? Open CAGED chords aren't that special. You should really be thinking of the notes and their relationships, not just bam here's that open G chord, I can play the 3rd fret on the B string or just leave it open, and just leave it there. I think about all sorts of ways to play chords. I want to be able to invert my chords like you can on the piano.
wow this has really gone downhill and this thread was never even in the neighborhood of good
jrcsgtpeppers It isn't about your playing. It's your attitude for the most part - calling everyone else pathetic and insisting that you're the best and generally being so unpleasant - that makes no one willing to acknowledge your playing. You should try being nicer.

That said, the tone in that Skrillex video felt like running one's tongue alternately over a dead man's stubble and a cheese grater. :|
Spinnerweb
You have misquoted me because I have never directly insulted anyone, unlike the shit I receive. I press my ideas because I feel strongly about them. Y'all just don't care as much as me and instead of admitting hey dude, I know I'm on a guitar forum but I don't really think about guitar that much, and learn a few things from me, you insist on insulting me to make me go away. If one of you preached music theory I would be a follower. Scientists talk and discuss new ideas and learn and work together. Why do guitarists have to be such assholes? I think about this shit all day, minus 50 hours a week at work. Does that mean I am write when it comes to artistic expression? No. Does that mean I have experience and troubleshoot a lot of ideas and come to successful conclusions and useful techniques? Yeah. It does. Who cares though? Obviously just me. I wish Paul Golbert was my age, we coulda been buddies and talked guitar like Jason Becker and Marty Friedman.
Your over-inflated ego is starting to take up all the space here peppers.

I don't think anyone besides you in the Pit has ever come forth and bragged about their guitar prowess as much as you. We may not have the same level of dedication as you, but that doesn't give you any right at all to look down on other users and behave like a condescending douche.
Yes I am falling
How much longer
Till I hit the ground?
also why do you always assume we need to be interested in guitars lmao this place has been a semi-dead hangout for other interests for years. It's also an off-topic part of the forum so jus get with the times brah
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
jrcsgtpeppers Even if we think about guitar a lot, it doesn't mean we have to impress that on others or force them to discuss, especially in the one off topic forum section there is. Humility is important.
Lots of people like to work alone - scientists included. The guy who found out how to isolate graphene from honey didn't discuss such a ludicrous idea beforehand. But if you want to discuss, there's an Electric Guitar forum section and your ideas would be more comprehensively received there. Why post then in the forum section people go to for the lulz then?
My point is, a more bearable attitude could work wonders for both you and everyone around you. Even if you claim to not insult people directly (you do) you insult everyone generally a whole lot.
lmao peppers have you ever considered all this stuff you care about and judge others for isn't worth caring about and judging others for?
Voted UG User of the Year 2015 & 2016
Guys I'm pretty sure peppers has just reached the point in his life where he's become more aware of his behavior and instead of using that awareness to insert positive change in the way he interacts on these boards, he's decided to take the more extreme route of super-inflating this online persona in an attempt to create a comedic result for himself as he never found himself qualified to garner what he was looking for through the more "intellectually" inclined discourse he has so desperately pushed for.

He's trolling us, and rather well I might add. Not bad, not bad at all. Though I admit the seemingly ever present theme of desperation is a tad bit tired in this iteration and leaves one with the impression that this new outlook of his is not quite as fresh as one might desire at this point in development.
Last edited by wafflesyrup at Oct 25, 2016,
I think something terrible happened to him when he was young and it has changed him emotionally and how he sees the world.
🍗🎹🎶🎼🎧🎤🎮👾🎸🎨🎷⚽️🎱🏁🎺🎻🍮🍰🍪📱👻🐔🐣🐥🐤🐽🐷💀👽💩💸🚽👻