I'm in need of a really good Distortion pedal or two, and I find my self hooked on the Seymour Duncan Palladium, but it's WAY too expensive for me. I know some people have enough experiences with distortion pedals here to get me my answer! Thanks guys.

P.S, feel free to list any great distortion pedals for metal!
Here's a goody:

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
^ this is not bad at all, used its quite a deal.

The Jekyll & Hyde is pretty good, Blackstar HT series, Sansamp GT-2 or their character series are awesome as well.
CM Plexitone if you're looking for something milder, AMT also have some good offerings.

What style of music are you after?
a budget would be very helpful as it won't do you much good if we recommend pedals that are still to expensive. also what other gear you are using may be helpful as well.
monwobobbo I'm trying to stay as inexpensive as possible, but still have a good dist pedal or two that will allow me to play every genre imagineable.
marshall jackhammer?

(seriously- switch to go between heavy distortion and a more overdrivey tone, 3-band eq and mid frequency knob...)
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by crownegamers
monwobobbo I'm trying to stay as inexpensive as possible, but still have a good dist pedal or two that will allow me to play every genre imagineable.

yeah good luck with that . distortion pedals often are aimed at a more specific range so you're gonna have a tough time finding one that does it all. no different with amps most do a few things really well and other stuff ok. I think you need to start with something more specific and branch out from there otherwise you're going to be in for a lot of disappointment. cheap and can do it all rarely go hand in hand.
The Jekyll & Hyde will cover a lot of mainstream rock ground...because it is a OD/Dist pedal. Several tricks at its disposal. Same can be said of the Red Witch Famulus.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

alhaq369
yeah there are some (and not all are dear either) but you sort of do have to know where to look.

other thing is, it's very dependent on where you are. Visual Sound/True Tone which you mentioned, danny, is pretty good value (I think) in the USA, but in Europe it's priced almost at boutique level for some (very annoying) reason. Kind of defeats the purpose of it IMO.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by Dave_Mc
marshall jackhammer?

(seriously- switch to go between heavy distortion and a more overdrivey tone, 3-band eq and mid frequency knob...)

This one's hit/miss depending on the amp. It is versatile enough so you'll get some useful tones on any amp, but I discovered if distortion sounds goid, usually overdrive didn't...sold mine. Had a great od tone that complemented my Marshall jcm900 but it turned out the Marshall Guvnor was a little better for that so I kept it.

If you want all in one pedals, they're not cheap. You'll have to get a preamp in a pedal, maybe
- Blackstar HT-DUAL or HT-DUAL Metal
- H&K Tubeman
- Mesa V-Twin
- Sansamp/Tech21 Tri-AC, Doubledrive, GT-2

My money out of these woukd be on VTwin, even though all of them are great products.
Dave_Mc yep- local prices always have to be factored in.

alhaq369
^ Yeah. You sometimes wonder, "Why is such-and-such a brand not more popular there?" and then you see the price it sells for

Quote by diabolical
This one's hit/miss depending on the amp. It is versatile enough so you'll get some useful tones on any amp, but I discovered if distortion sounds goid, usually overdrive didn't...sold mine. Had a great od tone that complemented my Marshall jcm900 but it turned out the Marshall Guvnor was a little better for that so I kept it.

If you want all in one pedals, they're not cheap. You'll have to get a preamp in a pedal, maybe
- Blackstar HT-DUAL or HT-DUAL Metal
- H&K Tubeman
- Mesa V-Twin
- Sansamp/Tech21 Tri-AC, Doubledrive, GT-2

My money out of these woukd be on VTwin, even though all of them are great products.

Yeah. I haven't tried one for a while, but I remember a while back on another forum I was asking about Marshally pedals for both lower and higher gain tones and someone suggested the jackhammer, but said that the big flaw was that, although it had both OD and Distortion settings, and could get good tones out of both settings, you had to use totally different settings for each so you couldn't switch between the two on the fly. Which is kind of annoying as I'm lazy and prefer to set and forget.
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman