Page 1 of 2

If someone sucks at communicating do they actually love you? What's the point in having a friend if they can't communicate with you? How well do you communicate with others? Do you still love people you don't bother communicating with?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by behind_you
does sending dank memes count as communicating

yes

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
then i'd say i'm pretty good at communicating
ggg1 ggg3

Sometimes life and whatnot gets in the way, but I still wind up getting along well with people I haven't seen or talked to in a while. Pretty much my entire friend circle consists of professional musicians so a lot of them tour or study in another city. Though my good friends I still communicate with and see on a regular basis so it doesn't really apply to them. One of my good friends often plays shows in France and another is currently drumming for a band touring northern Europe.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
Last edited by Wolfinator-x at Oct 23, 2016,
Quote by behind_you
then i'd say i'm pretty good at communicating

can you recommend some good meme pages please

Quote by EndTheRapture51
That would imply good memes exist
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
this reminds of a friend who lives pretty much walking distance from me, and we've been good friends for many years.
he has some issues with anxiety, he sees a therapist every week, takes meds, etc
he doesn't like meeting new people and has a terrible track record of keeping in contact with even his family members.
he takes like 3 weeks just reply to text messages, he's really that reclusive and strange, he's been fired from so many jobs...

i know he means well, but some people are just very different and would rather be isolated and alone.
every time i see him he's always apologizing to everyone in the room, and everyone i know that "used to be friends" with him just pushed him away because of this.
pretty sad how some people turn out.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

People who lack communication skills cannot be good friends. Making excuses for it makes you a shitty friend.
Quote by k.lainad
this reminds of a friend who lives pretty much walking distance from me, and we've been good friends for many years.
he has some issues with anxiety, he sees a therapist every week, takes meds, etc
he doesn't like meeting new people and has a terrible track record of keeping in contact with even his family members.
he takes like 3 weeks just reply to text messages, he's really that reclusive and strange, he's been fired from so many jobs...

i know he means well, but some people are just very different and would rather be isolated and alone.
every time i see him he's always apologizing to everyone in the room, and everyone i know that "used to be friends" with him just pushed him away because of this.
pretty sad how some people turn out.

I know people just like this too and it sucks for them but controlling their anxiety is ultimately their responsibility.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I have some friends like that. I think it's bullshit. Of the 12-16 hours you're awake you can't give 10 minutes to chat with a friend? That's why I gave up texting certain friends.

I also have a few friends with anxiety issues so that I understand but it is hard for me to care for people who I never see physically in person.
Define "communication skills".

I've always had a hard time expressing love and appreciation without it sounding clumsy or too forward, but I guess none of that is real if I can't communicate it adequately.
Do you just assume that someone hates you if they don't reply to your messages the minute you send them? My friends have other people in their lives and I respect that. All my friends live far away and I reach out to them more often than they do to me.
Last edited by sashki at Oct 23, 2016,
i regularly tell my (real) friends that i'm grateful to have them around <3

I often forget to contact people. I tend to routinely check my messages to compensate but it's kinda wonky. Even business stuff can get lost in the backlog from time to time.

I don't tend to express affection for people. Find it easier just to spend time with them. If I'm there, I'm interested.

(also sorry I haven't been hittin u up lately turns out liberal arts majors are a little more busy than I expected)
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by sashki
Define "communication skills".

I've always had a hard time expressing love and appreciation without it sounding clumsy or too forward, but I guess none of that is real if I can't communicate it adequately.
Do you just assume that someone hates you if they don't reply to your messages the minute you send them? My friends have other people in their lives and I respect that. All my friends live far away and I reach out to them more often than they do to me.

Nah I can maintain close friendships only seeing my friend once a month and talking once a week

But if they people still expect you to know they still like you and consider you friends but all they can muster up is a short Facebook exchange once every 6 months then they can go fuck themselves

Quote by MinterMan22
i regularly tell my (real) friends that i'm grateful to have them around <3

Hey guys,

I think there’s something that needs to be explained on our end here. We released a new EP on June 4th titled “Put Yourself Back Together.” There are some references in the songs that mention sleepy eyes and bony knees. There have been some negative comments regarding the amount of times we mention those two things. I want to make this post to explain the detailed meanings of both of those subjects. I assure all of you out there that we would never put something in multiple songs that doesn’t have a great amount of meaning. These songs are my life summed up into some verses and choruses. These songs are my therapy, and that goes for the four other dudes in my band too. So here we go….

Sleepy eyes refers to a time in my life in 2011. I was going through a very messy break up which then lead to a love triangle and that lead me to be depressed. The girl that I was in love with since I was eighteen had found someone else that she grew to love. She told me that she still loved me as well though. This lead to lots of sleepless nights and some weight loss as well. Thirty pounds of weight loss to be exact. Listen to our song “Floorboards” for more details on that whole situation. Well anyway, this situation and some other ones over the past few years have led me to not being able to sleep at night. I had resorted to sleeping pills in 2011 when I was depressed. I also consider myself a night owl in general. I haven’t gone to bed before 2 am in years. But mainly sleepy eyes is something that I think we have all been through in life. It’s about those nights when you’re so overworked and have so much going on that you can’t fall asleep, even if you are physically tired. Not only do I write these songs for my own therapy, but I would hope that some of you could find some peace in them. So of course I’m going to reference this subject multiple times. And that is sleepy eyes.

Bony knees is a subject that pops up in a lot of our songs as well. I will keep it general at first here. I in fact do physically have bony knees. But I will surely say that there is a way deeper meaning behind these bony knees. It kind of all dates back to my depression in 2011. Like I stated before there was some weight loss, which made these knees a little more bony than before. I also found myself physically and mentally down on my knees while going through depression. Even after 2011, after I started feeling better, I would still find myself down and out on my bony knees physically and mentally. We all go through dirt in life and lot of times it makes us fall on our knees for awhile. I can easily say that dirt has put me on my knees more than I want to say. But the beautiful part about falling on your knees is getting back up. And that’s the main point of the bony knees reference. You have to get up in life and move on. We have all been there and we will all be there again. When I write bony knees in a song it reminds me of how I put all of the bullshit behind me and moved on. And that is bony knees.

I just wanted to clear this all up. I don’t want anyone to ever think that we are using this as some sort of gimmick or something. We keep things real and it will always be that way. I hope you can all now find deeper meaning and connection with sleepy eyes and bony knees.

-Kyle

ive kind of stopped talking to a lot of people over the last few years because i realized i was only friends with them because i had to be (met them in school and/or they were always around with mutual friends but i like kinda dont actually give a shit about them)

i keep in contact with the ones i care about on a semi frequent basis. they all know i dont like texting or talking on the phone and that im prone to not feeling like doing anything so no one really gets fussed when i dont speak to them for months
Damn, I never thought about that way, I just figured I was a complete asshole and no one wanted to talk to me
Quote by EndTheRapture51

www.reddit.com/r/me_irl

they'll upvote anything
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Hey guys,

I think there’s something that needs to be explained on our end here. We released a new EP on June 4th titled “Put Yourself Back Together.” There are some references in the songs that mention sleepy eyes and bony knees. There have been some negative comments regarding the amount of times we mention those two things. I want to make this post to explain the detailed meanings of both of those subjects. I assure all of you out there that we would never put something in multiple songs that doesn’t have a great amount of meaning. These songs are my life summed up into some verses and choruses. These songs are my therapy, and that goes for the four other dudes in my band too. So here we go….

Sleepy eyes refers to a time in my life in 2011. I was going through a very messy break up which then lead to a love triangle and that lead me to be depressed. The girl that I was in love with since I was eighteen had found someone else that she grew to love. She told me that she still loved me as well though. This lead to lots of sleepless nights and some weight loss as well. Thirty pounds of weight loss to be exact. Listen to our song “Floorboards” for more details on that whole situation. Well anyway, this situation and some other ones over the past few years have led me to not being able to sleep at night. I had resorted to sleeping pills in 2011 when I was depressed. I also consider myself a night owl in general. I haven’t gone to bed before 2 am in years. But mainly sleepy eyes is something that I think we have all been through in life. It’s about those nights when you’re so overworked and have so much going on that you can’t fall asleep, even if you are physically tired. Not only do I write these songs for my own therapy, but I would hope that some of you could find some peace in them. So of course I’m going to reference this subject multiple times. And that is sleepy eyes.

Bony knees is a subject that pops up in a lot of our songs as well. I will keep it general at first here. I in fact do physically have bony knees. But I will surely say that there is a way deeper meaning behind these bony knees. It kind of all dates back to my depression in 2011. Like I stated before there was some weight loss, which made these knees a little more bony than before. I also found myself physically and mentally down on my knees while going through depression. Even after 2011, after I started feeling better, I would still find myself down and out on my bony knees physically and mentally. We all go through dirt in life and lot of times it makes us fall on our knees for awhile. I can easily say that dirt has put me on my knees more than I want to say. But the beautiful part about falling on your knees is getting back up. And that’s the main point of the bony knees reference. You have to get up in life and move on. We have all been there and we will all be there again. When I write bony knees in a song it reminds me of how I put all of the bullshit behind me and moved on. And that is bony knees.

I just wanted to clear this all up. I don’t want anyone to ever think that we are using this as some sort of gimmick or something. We keep things real and it will always be that way. I hope you can all now find deeper meaning and connection with sleepy eyes and bony knees.

-Kyle

this won't ever get old

Anyone who can't bother to keep in touch probably isn't that great of a friend anyway
I feel like if I keep in touch too much then I run out of stuff to talk about when I see that person in person instead of on facebook or whatever
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
All the questions in the OP are prerequisite on needing constant communication to stay friends with someone.
Quote by JustRooster
All the questions in the OP are prerequisite on needing constant communication to stay friends with someone.

What do you define as "constant"

The frequency with which your mother texts me to come over.
Quote by JustRooster
The frequency with which your mother texts me to come over.

Not often then ok

Quote by JustRooster
wow nice 1 :^)

Well you were the one who started with the year 8 grade of banter

If someone doesn't communicate with you they suck and obviously don't care. Or they just have such insane social anxiety that there's no point in talking anyway.

I only communicate with a small amount of people and we communicate just fine and none of us say shit like "luv u guys u r all great frends" because there's no need to
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JackSaints
Or they just have such insane social anxiety that there's no point in talking anyway.

Quote by JackSaints
If someone doesn't communicate with you they suck and obviously don't care. Or they just have such insane social anxiety that there's no point in talking anyway.

I only communicate with a small amount of people and we communicate just fine and none of us say shit like "luv u guys u r all great frends" because there's no need to

Whenever I'm having one of my biweekly existential crisis I tell at least one of my friends I love them and I am grateful to have them

I'm kinda bad at keeping contact. Not completely terrible, but definitely not good either. I think it's because from around ages 17 to 23 or so I never really had to call anybody. I always had friends and band members calling me at least once a week and I never had to be the one to initiate. Now I might go a few weeks without talking to any friends and then think "oh yea, I should probably hit somebody up if I want to hang out. Tomorrow." Repeat that for a couple of days until I finally do.
Quote by korinaflyingv
I would never post something like that as there are a few people I quite deliberately don't communicate with. But yeah sucking at communicating is no excuse. Fucking hell, at least tell them directly that you love them rather than passively posting something they might not even read.

When you're with your bro and all of a sudden he's like, 'Yo bro I just want to tell you that I love you man. I appreciate you always being around when I need you.'

Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Do you ever have the problem where you want to write a well thought-out reply to someone important, but you end up taking too long and it gives the impression that you don't care enough to reply sooner? Shit rly sux mang
Page 1 of 2