Just picked up a sd-h8b, & dimarzio super distortion. Planning to put them in a Ibanez add120 arrondite. Which for neck & which for bridge. I already know they're both supposed to be bridge pickups, but I got the guitar & the pickups real cheap, just experimenting.
You just said it yourself. Experiment.

Though if it were me I'd put the Super Distortion in the bridge and the Invader in the trash.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
A bridge Invader in the neck is probably even less usable than the stock Ibby pickup. It would sound horribly muddy and far too hot to get any kind of usable clean tone with.

Best thing to do is to get something that'll better compliment the Super Distortion that's a proper neck pickup.
Quote by Axelfox
Alright I'll buy that. Got some slightly better pickups to try at the neck. But are invaders really so bad? I have another guitar I could put it at bridge.
May as well put it in the bridge of another guitar and see if you like it. Got nothing to lose.
Quote by Axelfox
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Though if it were me I'd put the Super Distortion in the bridge and the Invader in the trash.

hahahaha
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Quote by Dave_Mc
hahahaha

+3.1415 i have never found an invader to be stomachable.

the only worse pickup is the duncan design version. i remember putting one in a friends strat when i was like 14. i thought it was terrible then. fast-forward a decade and a half later and i still remember how bad they sound. and they still make them. lol'z.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***"What Trashed Hoards"*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/