I am just learning to play again after a 40 year break (and yes, I really am that old). I was given a Beltone 30 amp and its not bad at all for a beginner, but it has a buzz, which is music dependant (not mains hum). I am an electrician and pretty good with this sort of stuff, but can't find the fault. Beltone are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. I wanted a circuit diagram and have had no reply to two emails and can't seem to find a schematic anywhere on the web. Two questions really.

Is this a known problem with Beltone amps and if so what is the fix?

Anyone have a schematic they are willing to mail to me or post here?

Thanks
could you provide us with a few pics?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***9V BATTERIES ARE FROM HELL!*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Beltone made several amps back in the 60s. Here is one repair report with schematic just a few google clicks away. Good luck!

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/beltone-ap-12-ap-a-amp-with-schematic-tremolo-troubles.1366599/
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis
Cajun. Thanks for the link but that's not it.

Trashed. Would post pictures if I could find out how to!!

Attachments:
Amp 2.pdf
Just a few preliminary questions to be sure: Are you using a single-coil guitar with a high gain/distortion setting? If so, the distortion will elevate the noise floor of the EMI that leaks through the single-coil pickups. Humbucking pickups will help a lot in this regard. Also, is your cable good/a guitar cable and not a speaker cable?
the amp in the picture says Eagletone not beltone so perhaps there is some confusion. it's not a 60s amp by any stretch. 80s solid state by the looks.
Will Lane

I'm using Humbuckers and even on low gain, there is a distinct crackle that happens as soon as any note(s) are played. Its a reasonable cable and works fine with a friends Telecaster and Fender amp.
clean jacks/pots/tube sockets, etc.

I like deoxit overall.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***9V BATTERIES ARE FROM HELL!*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Eagletone Aero 30 made in PRC with DSP effects so probably less than 10 yrs old. As stated above, clean all contacts and cable connectors, check for loose wiring or poor solder connections. A schematic won't help you much on this one as it looks like just swapping out bad boards is the SOP. My vote is dirty or corroded contacts/switches.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis