let us actually talk about guitar/music for half a second okay- what genres do you play?

Poll: what genres (broadly) do you play?
Poll Options
View poll results: what genres (broadly) do you play?
classical
14 21%
funk
10 15%
blues
27 41%
rnb
3 5%
rap/hip hop
4 6%
jazz
14 21%
ambience
10 15%
p&w/gospel
2 3%
classic rock
30 45%
hard rock
37 56%
metal
44 67%
pop
18 27%
electronic
10 15%
country
8 12%
world
3 5%
you missed (at least) one
28 42%
Voters: 66.
Page 1 of 2
I have officially given up on guitar

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
The last album my band released is like experiemental blues rock / psychedelic rock.
I dabble in a little electronic stuff, but it's not my forte.

I spend a lot of time honing that style, I like learning Buckethead, Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Santana solos, andres Segovia classical, etc
But for interest mainly I enjoy learning metal and rock, my YouTube has mainly thrash/drone rock/punk/technical death metal covers so far. Diversity is key.
Quote by Pizzafan
k.lainad Im going to use twine, tie a broom handle to a pizza, put guitar string on it, and make love to your mom with a pizztar

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

https://soundcloud.com/slowdeathhooks

outside of generic blues/jazz jams, noodly mathy business and droning rock/metal
Quote by Panasonic3

I think God has at least 3.5 billion human penises, and many billions more penises that are out of this world.
classic rock, classic metal, hard rock, blues are what I play most. I dabble occasionally with other genres. wife like country so I've been learning a few country style licks.
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
pussy
I eat what I am

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Chinese?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Acϵ♠
Chinese?
got em

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Pop-punk, punk rock, post-hardcore, alternative rock, etc.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
The act of playing the guitar isn't supposed to be entertaining.
I like all kind of music and I play a bit of everything: heavy metal, power metal, speed metal etc.
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
prog, metal, jazz, ambient, R&B primarily. Id play country in a band though if it was some good country rock (not that vanilla trash pop that's all over the US)
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by korinaflyingv

Spaced was a brilliant series, Brian was awesome.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
funk blues jazz ska punk and goth rock mainly i guess

i suck at everything so i try to do a whole jack of all trades decent at none thing
Fusion, Math Rock, Alternative.
Quote by EyeNon15
That's a shame, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound.

1 3 5 R
2 4 6
Classical, metal, and " you missed one" (acoustic fingerstyle stuff)

Hopefully add jazz to that soon
My God, it's full of stars!
It's a mix between progressive scale and arpeggio core. It's like the sound of a thousand bunny rabbits eating their favorite vegetables. It's whatever I feel like playing mixed with my influences and the music and art and other hobbies I have.
a lot of punk and emo (the kind that's actually kind of just punk but with more pretty and sad chords) and alternative and also hardcore sometimes
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Pretty much only alternative/hard rock if I'm honest.

With the occasional pop cover if I'm playing acoustic.
Mostly prog and alt rock, although I've been developing a repertoire of pop covers for shits and gigs lately.
Today I introduced myself
to my own feelings
Mostly rock stuff with some metal, funk and blues on occasion. Sometimes Ill play some indie and alternative as well.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Mostly either very fast or fairly slow metal (sludge and doom for the slow, thrash/prog/industrial/whatever for the fast) chill clean stuff and scales and arpeggios when it comes to lead (and I say that unironically. I like sweep picking and shred). Sometimes I play funky stuff.
I have nothing important to say
Last edited by JackSaints at Oct 25, 2016,
Stoner metal, doom metal, thrash metal, emo, rock, industrial, some math stuff, and classic rock/metal.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Well, most of the songs I play are of the rock-blues-metal family. My 'you missed it' is cabaret I guess since I know some of Voltaire's stuff.
Page 1 of 2