https://soundcloud.com/anthony-la-rocca-3/goodbye-instrumental

I know it's repetitive, I'm gonna make it shorter and also add vocals but I can't sing so idk how that will work ://
It's meant to be a punk rock /grunge track
I'm most proud of the timing because it's the first time I was able to drum in time and sync the timing of the drums and guitar properly!
Don’t look up at the poster on your wall and think, "Fuck, I can never do that." Look at the poster on your wall and think, "Fuck, I’m going to do that!"
Last edited by thesanchez101 at Oct 25, 2016,
This is what I would do.

I assume all of the chords you are playing are power chords, aka the 1 and the 5. I would write down all of those notes, from all of the chords you use in each section of music. Then I would figure out what key each section is in. Then from there, I would build melodies with the pentatonic scale that goes to the key you're in. I think it would sound cool if you picked the melodies the same way you play the chords, straight 8th notes, but then, for the chords, chop it up like.

G
D
A5---555---5-55--5-9---999---9-99--9-
E3---333---3-55--5-7---777---7-77--7-

And then synch the kick drum to that rhythm.

And then from there, personally, I would throw in a mean guitar solo over the last chorus and end it with a drum solo that fades out.
It needs a melody at least. It is very boring right now.

Personally, I would change the chords to E-C-D, change the rhythm to gallop and put neat dual flute solos all over the place.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
This is what I would do.

I assume all of the chords you are playing are power chords, aka the 1 and the 5. I would write down all of those notes, from all of the chords you use in each section of music. Then I would figure out what key each section is in. Then from there, I would build melodies with the pentatonic scale that goes to the key you're in. I think it would sound cool if you picked the melodies the same way you play the chords, straight 8th notes, but then, for the chords, chop it up like.

G
D
A5---555---5-55--5-9---999---9-99--9-
E3---333---3-55--5-7---777---7-77--7-

And then synch the kick drum to that rhythm.

And then from there, personally, I would throw in a mean guitar solo over the last chorus and end it with a drum solo that fades out.

That sounds sick as dude! I've been thinking about incorporating a solo so I agree with that. How do I find the key? I'm horrible at music theory :P
Don’t look up at the poster on your wall and think, "Fuck, I can never do that." Look at the poster on your wall and think, "Fuck, I’m going to do that!"
Write down the names of all the notes you used in your chords.

For example, smells like teen spirit. If you found the notes to the intro chords you would get

F C | Bb F | Ab Eb | Db Ab

Arrange them chromatically

F Ab Bb C Db Eb

Now, you could just go to all guitar chords dot com and use the reverse scale feature and input these 6 notes and it will tell you F Aeolian or F Phrygian.

Now that you know what mode you're using, you can find the pentatonic scale by just going to the tonic, in F aeolian that's Ab and in F Phrygian that's Db. Pentatonic scale formula is 1-2-3-5-6. Those are interval names btw. Giving you the notes F Ab Bb C Eb in F Aeolian, and F Ab Bb Db Eb in F Phrygian.
^ that's why you should learn your scales and arpeggios

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car