Hello! Extremely new to the forums, so forgive me if I do something dumb. So I have this amp called the Kustom KMA65. I don't think it's meant for guitar and I'm wondering if I should just keep this or just get something like a Marshall MG30CFX in place of it. Only pedal I have is a Boss DS-1 modded by Keeley. It is the Ultra mod. Also, my guitar is an Ibanez GRG 170DX. Thank you! (This is a post I made previously in the wrong forum, so now I'm posting it here.)
I'll admit it, I'm a newbie. 7 months experience. I've got an Ibanez GRG 170DX. My amp is kind of weird... it's a 65 Watt Kustom KMA65. Yeah. I only have a Boss DS-1 with Keeleys Ultra Mod. Just looking for tips and answers to my many stupid questions! ?
yeah that's a keyboard amp, that's not what you want.

avoid the mg, though, they're not great. what's your budget, rough location (country- because it affects prices and availability) and what types of music do you mainly play?
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

That Kustom amp is not aimed at guitar but changing to an MG is probably not going to be an improvement.
It's not what you'd ideally want, as others have noted. Works for learning and practicing, I would assume.

What are your long term goals as a player? Are you looking to gig at some point in the future? Jam with other musicians? Or, just a bedroom warrior?

Depending upon what your future goals may be, we can help guide you in the right direction as far as what to save up for as a future investment in the amplification department.

What style of music do you predominantly play? As this also helps us to know what options would/might work best for you as well.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
ThunderPunk It's hard to say. My tastes are very broad. I like The Beatles, but I also like Black Sabbath. I love grunge, I love Led Zeppelin. But probably something more toward Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath, but I still want to play good clean music as well. Also, my budget is somewhere around 300 dollars.
I'll admit it, I'm a newbie. 7 months experience. I've got an Ibanez GRG 170DX. My amp is kind of weird... it's a 65 Watt Kustom KMA65. Yeah. I only have a Boss DS-1 with Keeleys Ultra Mod. Just looking for tips and answers to my many stupid questions! ?
Last edited by ThatOldJammer at Oct 25, 2016,