I am guitarist by hobby. It runs in our family, as my father was a local area star. My grandy was a personal friend of great Chet Atkins. Recently, I received joining letter Navy but I am confused about one question. Is it allowed to use guitar during the service and have it on navy base? I know about Jimi Hendrix, legendry guitarist ever lived. He served for only 4 years in 101st Airborne Division, and then kicked out eventually. I don't want to get finished in the same way. I want to serve with my passion. If they will compel me, I will have to leave the job.

Another question, I have to ship my guitar to a US navy base http://militarybases.co/directory/naval-regional-contracting-center-bahrain-navy-base-in-bahrain-bahrain/. What will be the procedure for this (knowing the fact, they don't allow this type of things during service). You can see, they will definitely see guitar suspicious. And if I get caught, either they will leave me(which will be the perfect, ) or give warning or give a punishment.

If I can’t ship it, I will buy from local Bahrain area in some way. Whatever the case, I will keep on playing the guitar on the base during my off times. If they will get caught with any punishment/warning, I will say good bye to navy.

Please reply ASAP, as I have to leave on Sunday.
Last edited by WinnieNampel at Oct 25, 2016,
talk to a recruiter and ask them.

/ thread
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I would have replied sooner, but I only have one hand. Typing is slow.

They'll run your guitar though a wood chipper and cut one of your hands off. Trust me
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Quote by wahappen
I would have replied sooner, but I only have one hand. Typing is slow.

They'll run your guitar though a wood chipper and cut one of your hands off. Trust me

I like this new you.
Quote by k.lainad
talk to a recruiter and ask them.

/ thread

This

Also, Jimi got honorably discharged due to an injury. He didn't get kicked out..
Last edited by drdoom8793 at Oct 25, 2016,
Quote by WinnieNampel
Recently, I received joining letter Navy [...]
Is it allowed to use guitar [...]
I know about Jimi Hendrix, legendry guitarist ever lived.

Please reply ASAP, as I have to leave on Sunday.

I'd rather try to improve my grammar and spelling until Sunday, if I were you.
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Quote by wahappen
though a wood chipper

have you watched Tucker and Dale vs Evil?
Are you talking US Navy bro? You don't sound like it. What's your rating/comm?

Also depending on duty assignment, yes you can bring or ship your guitar.
They'll definitely keelhaul you if you're caught with a guitar. On the other hand, if you try and desert, you'll get torpedoed from astern by the rear admiral.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'