I am guitarist by hobby. It runs in our family, as my father was a local area star. My grandy was a personal friend of great Chet Atkins. Recently, I received joining letter Navy but I am confused about one question. Is it allowed to use guitar during the service and have it on navy base? I know about Jimi Hendrix, legendry guitarist ever lived. He served for only 4 years in 101st Airborne Division, and then kicked out eventually. I don't want to get finished in the same way. I want to serve with my passion. If they will compel me, I will have to leave the job.

Another question, I have to ship my guitar to a US navy base http://militarybases.co/directory/naval-regional-contracting-center-bahrain-navy-base-in-bahrain-bahrain/. What will be the procedure for this (knowing the fact, they don't allow this type of things during service). You can see, they will definitely see guitar suspicious. And if I get caught, either they will leave me(which will be the perfect, ) or give warning or give a punishment.

If I can’t ship it, I will buy from local Bahrain area in some way. Whatever the case, I will keep on playing the guitar on the base during my off times. If they will get caught with any punishment/warning, I will say good bye to navy.

Please reply ASAP, as I have to leave on Sunday.
Last edited by WinnieNampel at Oct 25, 2016,
talk to a recruiter and ask them.

/ thread
Quote by Pizzafan
k.lainad Im going to use twine, tie a broom handle to a pizza, put guitar string on it, and make love to your mom with a pizztar

Quote by Gatecrasher53
I used to google image search stuff like 'sexy guitar', and 'hot guitar' and then scroll through several results pages to find maybe two images of shitty magazine covers with nude women posing with les pauls covering their genitals because I didnt know about clearing your search history and I thought I could explain away these searches if they were ever discovered as me just looking at cool guitars.

soundcloud
youtube
I would have replied sooner, but I only have one hand. Typing is slow.

They'll run your guitar though a wood chipper and cut one of your hands off. Trust me
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Quote by wahappen
I would have replied sooner, but I only have one hand. Typing is slow.

They'll run your guitar though a wood chipper and cut one of your hands off. Trust me

I like this new you.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

1 3 5 R
2 4 6
Quote by k.lainad
talk to a recruiter and ask them.

/ thread

This

Also, Jimi got honorably discharged due to an injury. He didn't get kicked out..
Last edited by drdoom8793 at Oct 25, 2016,
Quote by WinnieNampel
Recently, I received joining letter Navy [...]
Is it allowed to use guitar [...]
I know about Jimi Hendrix, legendry guitarist ever lived.

Please reply ASAP, as I have to leave on Sunday.

I'd rather try to improve my grammar and spelling until Sunday, if I were you.
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Quote by wahappen
though a wood chipper

have you watched Tucker and Dale vs Evil?
Are you talking US Navy bro? You don't sound like it. What's your rating/comm?

Also depending on duty assignment, yes you can bring or ship your guitar.
They'll definitely keelhaul you if you're caught with a guitar. On the other hand, if you try and desert, you'll get torpedoed from astern by the rear admiral.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'