So at the moment i have a Randall Rd 20H and i am looking for a new 212 cabinet. I m leaning towards the Randall RD-212-D (esentially the matching cabinet) but am open to any suggestions. It has to be closed back and good for teh broots \m/
Last edited by oskos2001 at Oct 25, 2016,
what's the rd-212-d? i'm seeing a whole bunch of other cabs on the randall site with similar names, but none exactly like that.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

basically this one (http://www.randallamplifiers.com/product/rd212/). Idk where i got the d from haha, i think thats how thomann and some other sites have listed it.
speakers trump cabinet.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

2016-02-27 How Much Do You Actually Need? RANT GET IN ON IT! (Monday 2017-02-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/

Trashed ENG Shop Tour!
---> https://youtu.be/KQVlpYaulhA
I'd go with the RD212-V30 ... hard to be the price for an brutal looking cab with V30's in it.
Well i mean i already have one v30 lying about at home. so buying another one would be cheaper than opting for the full v30 cab outta the box.
Quote by oskos2001
Well i mean i already have one v30 lying about at home. so buying another one would be cheaper than opting for the full v30 cab outta the box.

If you have a Vintage 30 just lying around, then an efficient way to get a better cab is to get another V30 and load them into an empty cabinet. Just ensure that the impedance of the other V30 is going to work with the V30 you currently have. For instance if the one you currently have is 8 ohms, getting another V30 that's 8 ohms will give you a 16 ohm cabinet if you wire the speakers in series. This is a common setup on many 212 cabinets.

I think Avatar sell empty cabinets that you only need to load the speakers into.

Matching cabinets don't offer you any advantages. Rather, they restrict your choices on cab dimensions and the speakers that they put in them. Branch out. At the end of the day they're only wooden boxes with branding on them.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
Yea, ofc. But the only reason i was going to get that one was because i found one new, loaed for £241 which is the same price as an empty one from another company haha, so i figured whats the point? i could atleast shoo them out and have 2 extra speakers
oskos2001 If you already know that's the most cost-effective way to go and you're dead set on getting that cabinet, then what was the point of raising this thread? You've answered your own question.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
those voices in is head told him to post!
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '95 Fender MIM Strat
Helix Rack, Jetcity JCA50H w/ JCA24s+
Why not save a bit more? I see these recomened frequently.

https://m.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm?ref=mpd_ra_0

Cheaper and loaded with v30s
^ yeah the harley benton is hard to beat for the price

if he already has one v30 though and is willing to buy another and wants the cosmetics to match i guess there's no harm in getting the randall either.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Is that Randall 212 cab ported or oversized? I didn't see that one on their site.

Some of their 412s are ported. That leads me to believe (hope) that the cab is tuned for the speakers they come with stock.

Many cabs are just boxes of wood but some are more than that.

If you want tight bass brootz I'd look at a Mesa Recto Compact 212.

If you want looser bass brootz I'd look at a Mesa Recto 212 Horizontal or Vertical slant.

If you want just a box with speakers get the Harley Benton.

Research the Randall can and if you want that one to match then buy it.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
metalmingee Yea the Randall is ported. And my friend is selling a mesa rectifier 212 for 400, Is there that much of a quality difference to justify the extra money? albeit second hand?

And i used to have one of those harley benton 112's with v30's, which i ended up trading for a set of nazguls haha. Was an alright little cab, but the closed back design is not my favourite :/
Last edited by oskos2001 at Oct 27, 2016,
Quote by oskos2001
metalmingee Yea the Randall is ported. And my friend is selling a mesa rectifier 212 for 400, Is there that much of a quality difference to justify the extra money? albeit second hand?

And i used to have one of those harley benton 112's with v30's, which i ended up trading for a set of nazguls haha. Was an alright little cab, but the closed back design is not my favourite :/

I have a Mesa rectifier vertical 2x12 and it is a closed back cab. Sounds great, but I have a hard time thinking it is going to sound that much better than the Randall. Seems like a good deal.
Mesa or Bogner are my favorites for 2x12.

I've heard lots of good clips of the Harley Benton but never played on in person. Good value too.
MAChiefs Well if thats the case, i think im just going to order the Randall and an extra v30. Thanks a lot for your help everyone!
Wizard of Ozz And i cant really find any bogners and the price on the Mesa cabinets is insane haha