Page 1 of 2
I play it though I don't really care for it
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by sam b
This will go the same way

Sigh...it probably will. There's barely anyone left in this place.

Obligatory post:

I think it's great there's a sport for guys who WANT to play American football, but who don't have the athletic ability to.
Quote by WaterGod
Please, go away with your shitty version of football.

I like soccer too.
Quote by WaterGod
Please, go away with your shitty version of football.

Shitty version of football?

Oh, you mean soccer. It's not real popular over here.
Quote by TobusRex
I think it's great there's a sport for guys who WANT to play American football, but who don't have the athletic ability to.

Who did the USA beat in the American Football world cup? Oh yeah there isnt one cause no one gives a fuck about it

checkmate
Quote by sam b
Who did the USA beat in the American Football world cup? Oh yeah there isnt one cause no one gives a fuck about it

checkmate

We can't help it if the rest of the world are too weak to play a man's sport
Quote by TobusRex
We can't help it if the rest of the world are too weak to play a man's sport

MAN's sport? yeah.. you keep telling yourself you're men while putting on your armour to play that game that the Americans call football
Quote by beatrixwilliams
wow....is not the world with pproblem....is that world
woah
UG Rugby fanclub.

Current members: 2

Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Saracens ftw.

/my contribution
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
I "played" in the sense of I was nominally on the club team and went to parties/mixers at the rugby house but hardly ever went to practices, especially in the cold months fuk that chit.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
UG Rugby fanclub.

Current members: 2

Wanna join? We're not desperate for members or anything.

Quote by Heretic18
So... Anyone want to get back to talking about rugby?

But what is there to talk about? Nothing is happening until the European tours kick off in a few weeks time.
Quote by Rebel Scum
But what is there to talk about? Nothing is happening until the European tours kick off in a few weeks time.

I guess you're from New Zealand (or at least southern hemisphere) going by that & the champions picture. The competitions in the north are all in full swing at the moment. Then there's the internationals coming up.
Quote by sam b

checkmate

They beat Japan in the final

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IFAF_World_Championship#Results_2

Anyway. Pretty big fan, I'm a Crusaders fan for the Super rugby down here, with the Rebels as well because of living in Melbourne. England internationally and the All Blacks because my girlfriend is a Kiwi.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
a bunch of guys from the local churches use to get together and played it for like a year until it died out. they always invited me and i'm like nah that is super dumb.

bunch of huge buff white dudes running into each other

if you want to get hurt do boxing

that dumb too why hurt each other just talk it out
jambi_mantra

Leicester Tigers fan & England internationally.
There's been a few Kiwi's at Tigers over the years, some ex-Crusaders. Brendon O'Connor being one who's currently here. As for the Rebels, Peter Betham & Telusa Veainu are both in their 2nd season here.
During the finals of the RWC there was talk between the tv host and Clive Woodward about a divide in skill and game style between the Northern hemisphere and Southern hemisphere rugby. Sir Clive disagreed with this notion and said England could play like a Southern hemisphere team if you selected players to play in that style.

I don't see any Northern rugby except for the odd International so I don't know if that is true. What do you guys think?
Rebel Scum

From the Southern hemisphere rugby I've seen, I would agree with Sir Clive. New Zealand use their players to their strengths and switch their attack & defence styles so the opposition never know exactly what is coming. Whereas with England at the RWC there seemed to be 2 styles of attack & only one defensive plan, and as highlighted in the England v Australia match especially, Australia knew what to expect & constantly countered it resulting in an easy win.

Since Eddie Jones has been in charge of England there has been a much more "adaptive" style of attack, with the players working to their strengths. The results have improved because of this.

I'd say most of it is down to the tactical choices of the coaches, but yes - if the players are capable, then England can play like a Southern hemisphere side.
Quote by Rebel Scum

Week one of the Autumn Internationals, and Australia beating Wales was expected. The Barbarians draw with South Africa was interesting, but I gotta say - I was surprised by the Ireland v New Zealand result. I'm already feeling a little sorry for Italy for next weeks match as I'd think New Zealand will be out to prove the Ireland result to be an anomaly & could pick up a very dominant, high scoring victory.
More internationals coming up this weekend, we have:

Friday 11th
Barbarians v Fiji

Saturday 12th
Georgia V Japan
Italy v New Zealand
England v South Africa
Scotland v Australia
Portugal v Belgium
Spain v Tonga
Romania v USA
France v Samoa
Germany v Uruguay
Wales v Argentina
Ireland v Canada

Sunday 13th
Chile v South Korea

My predictions are wins for:
Fri: Barbarians / Sat: Georgia, New Zealand, England, Australia, Belgium, Tonga, USA, France, Uruguay, Wales, Ireland / Sun: Chile

What do you guys think? What are your predictions for the upcoming games?
These are my picks. There are a couple that I have no clue about so either took a guess or just said no idea. It's much the same as yours except I have Japan and Argentina. Wales will probably topple Argentina but I like the Argentines so went with the heart over the head and I do believe they are capable.

Japan, NZ, England, Australia, No idea, Tonga, USA, France, Uruguay, Argentina, Ireland, no idea
Si
Quote by Rebel Scum
During the finals of the RWC there was talk between the tv host and Clive Woodward about a divide in skill and game style between the Northern hemisphere and Southern hemisphere rugby. Sir Clive disagreed with this notion and said England could play like a Southern hemisphere team if you selected players to play in that style.

I don't see any Northern rugby except for the odd International so I don't know if that is true. What do you guys think?

I agree with him to a point. It goes beyond the picking the right players, it's about culture. From the grass roots level, rugby in New Zealand is played in the way the AB's play it. They emphasis the skill and speed associated with NZ rugby. It shows in the Super Rugby sides. NZ teams play fast attacking rugby, South African teams don't, they play a more physical style of game that is further represented in the Springboks.

From the odd stuff that I watched back home, most Northern Hemisphere club teams play Northern Hemisphere style rugby which is then reflected in the national sides. It's why England looks so disjointed half the time, Eddie Jones is installing a style of play that most players just don't look used to. They don't expect the fast ball, or they try too hard.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
20Tigers
To be honest, the matches you've highlighted (Georgia v Japan & Wales v Argentina) are the 2 Saturday games I was most unsure about. Both games could be evenly matched.
I picked Georgia as I think they have a little more power in the forwards which could tip it in their favour. With Wales, I expect the heavy loss to Australia will have hurt them so they may play a 'back to basics' style and look to really close down the Argentine attack & keep them pinned back with the kicking game.
Friday 11th
Barbarians v Fiji-- Fiji just because team together vs BarBars who are randoms.

Saturday 12th
Georgia V Japan- Japan, unless they're rubbish post Eddie
Italy v New Zealand- All blacks to score 50 and start their next unbeaten run
England v South Africa- England because I think we're on to something good, but we are putting some young players in so who knows
Scotland v Australia- Australia because Scotland are awful
Portugal v Belgium- Belgium? lol
Spain v Tonga- Tonga because Islanders
Romania v USA- USA because they're actually kinda good.
France v Samoa- France
Germany v Uruguay- ?
Wales v Argentina- Argentina because Wales can't handle southern Hemisphere style of play
Ireland v Canada- Ireland

Sunday 13th
Chile v South Korea-?

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Friday 11th
Barbarians 40 - 7 Fiji

Saturday 12th
Georgia 22 - 28 Japan
Italy 10 - 68 New Zealand
England 37 - 21 South Africa
Scotland 22 - 23 Australia
Portugal 26 - 21 Belgium
Spain 13 - 28 Tonga
Romania 23 - 10 USA
France 52 - 8 Samoa
Germany 24 - 21 Uruguay
Wales 24 - 20 Argentina
Ireland 52 - 21 Canada

Expected the Barbarians & France to win but not to score so highly, thought Georgia would overcome Japan, New Zealand winning by 50+ was a given. Had both England and Australia down to win by 15-20 points but Australia seemed to be trying to lose at times! Wales did enough to get past Argentina, Tonga the same with Spain. guessed at Belgium as they're ranked higher, I really did think Uruguay would win & am very surprised by USA losing as heavily as they did. So far, I've got 8 right & 4 wrong with Chile v South Korea still to come.
Sunday 13th
Chile 30 - 12 South Korea

Gives me 9 right, 4 wrong over the weekend. Topped off by both Leicester Tigers and England winning = Good weekend!
Saturday 19th November Internationals:

Italy v South Africa
Netherlands v Moldova
Switzerland v Portugal
Germany v Brazil
Wales v Japan
England v Fiji
Georgia v Samoa
Spain v Uruguay
Tonga v USA
Romania v Canada
Scotland v Argentina
Ireland v New Zealand
Paraguay v Colombia
France v Australia
Chile v South Korea

I'm gonna pick: South Africa, Netherlands, Portugal, Germany, Wales, England, Samoa, Uruguay, Tonga, Romania, Argentina, New Zealand, Paraguay, Australia, & Chile.

Who would you all pick?
Quote by jambi_mantra
I agree with him to a point. It goes beyond the picking the right players, it's about culture. From the grass roots level, rugby in New Zealand is played in the way the AB's play it. They emphasis the skill and speed associated with NZ rugby. It shows in the Super Rugby sides. NZ teams play fast attacking rugby, South African teams don't, they play a more physical style of game that is further represented in the Springboks.

From the odd stuff that I watched back home, most Northern Hemisphere club teams play Northern Hemisphere style rugby which is then reflected in the national sides. It's why England looks so disjointed half the time, Eddie Jones is installing a style of play that most players just don't look used to. They don't expect the fast ball, or they try too hard.

In New Zealand it is almost seen as the peak of sporting achievement to play for the all blacks. In England soccer is by far the most popular sport, after that you've got rugby league and rugby union scrapping it out for second place. Most private and public schools consider union the most prestigious sport. Most state schools focus on soccer but many schools in the north focus on Rugby league.

England is the biggest rugby union playing country on earth. Even I play for a local club but by many it is seen as a simple pastime, kiwis take it seriously.

Some of the fellas I play with now talk of touring New Zealand when they were younger. While they were better players and beat their opposition on the scoreboard they say they have never felt so physically battered after a rugby game
RPD - Finger Pickin' Good
Page 1 of 2