Page 1 of 2
This thread is aimed at everyone, but of special interest is the grumpy old men.

As I have gotten older, I have noticed I have started to have a lot less tolerance of... Well, at this point, everything. The list is far too long for the every growing number of pet peeves, but I have just gotten a lot less patient with people as I have aged. I dont know what has changed or why it has changed, but I really just want to be left alone to do my own shit.

I dont feel like I need people up in my business 24/7.

I have noticed I have started to really get irritated with small talk. I hate it. I refuse to engage. I wish people took the hint.

I am turning into a grumpy old man.

My wife has noticed, but my small circle of friends havent. They said "You have always been a bit of a cunt/wanker" but have I really? I mean, I used to bend over backward and put other peoples happiness first. I was only deemed to be a cunt/wanker when I started putting myself first.

Now I only care about me, my wife, friends and family. Everyone else, their problems, life issues etc, are secondary.

Please, also, for the sake of my sanity. When you make tea, put the teabag in, followed by hot water, brew for 2 - 5 minutes. Decant into a suitable mug and then add milk and sugar to taste. Stop putting the teabag in milk. What kind of sociopath are you.

So, please tell me, as you have aged, matured, gotten older, what has started pissing you off.

Being a grumpy old man is a right of passage, according to the grumpiest of old men, my long deceased grandpa.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Last edited by Guitardude19 at Oct 26, 2016,
I don't like kids.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Please, also, for the sake of my sanity. When you make tea, put the teabag in, followed by hot water, brew for 2 - 5 minutes. Decant into a suitable mug and then add milk and sugar to taste. Stop putting the teabag in milk. What kind of sociopath are you.

You know, before I started doing this for my dad, he had a good opinion on tea. Now, he does this method himself after years of Pavlovian ingraining and I just have herbal teas meself. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) I am the worst kind of son.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by ErikLensherr
I don't like kids.
That's not grumpiness, that's just intelligence.
I guess I'm some sort of Benjamin Button then. I used to be a grumpy old man but now I'm less cynical and, I hope at least, less of an asshole than a couple years ago.
I have far less tolerance for stupidity than I used to. I used to ignore stupid people...now there's a 50/50 chance I eviscerate them on the spot.
I'm not a grumpy old man but as I got older I learned to tolerate shitty people and let go of any grudges I have. It's no surprise shitty people are going to do shitty things, so it doesn't bother me a whole lot. I do get a little mad at people who don't know any better and can't help themselves.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by TobusRex
I have far less tolerance for stupidity than I used to. I used to ignore stupid people...now there's a 50/50 chance I eviscerate them on the spot.
so brutal. so dangerous.
Honestly I've gone the opposite way. I found I was more angry and close minded when I was younger and as I get older I feel more tolerant with people. Everybody has their own things to deal with and I can't pretend I was always perfect and never made a mistake. My feelings aren't more important than another persons in the grand spectrum of things. It takes different strokes to move the world after all.
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Guitardude19
I have just gotten a lot less patient with people as I have aged.
I really just want to be left alone to do my own shit.

I have noticed I have started to really get irritated with small talk.
I refuse to engage. I wish people took the hint.
I am turning into a grumpy old man.

My wife has noticed
I was only deemed to be a cunt/wanker when I started putting myself first.

Now I only care about me, my wife, friends and family. Everyone else, their problems, life issues etc, are secondary.

I remember you from way back. You were a cool dude, helped people, took help. So I will give you this one sincere bit of advice:

Listen to yourself. You are regressing. You are projecting your anger outwards, people are noticing, starting with those you actually care about.
The fault is not entirely yours, but it is your problem, and if you want to be happy, you must realise the problem is YOU.
Focus on the positive. Put others before yourself, if you care about them. DEFINE YOURSELF FROM WHAT YOU LOVE, NOT WHAT YOU HATE.
Quote by Banjocal
so brutal. so dangerous.
We know he's bluffing because he would have killed himself ages ago.

"Every day I wonder how many things I am dead wrong about."
Dude I don't really have anything useful to add to this discussion but I'm completely with you on the tea bags thing. Only a fucking savage stews it in milk.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Dude I don't really have anything useful to add to this discussion but I'm completely with you on the tea bags thing. Only a fucking savage stews it in milk.

adding anything to tea is for cucks and degenerates
It was my privilege
you need less work and more play homie
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
The fuck is a cuck

A yucky cock.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
short for cuckold

in the fetish sense someone typically male who enjoys watching his or her partner have sex with another person
Quote by Dreadnought
You can't read very well can you

oh my bad I forgot you were a shitty clone of an already shitty user who contributes nothing but trash LOL my bad
Quote by kalypto
short for cuckold

in the fetish sense someone typically male who enjoys watching his or her partner have sex with another person

Why must you ruin my joy.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
STOP SPREADING MISINFORMATION EPI
Quote by Dreadnought
You can't read very well can you

oh my bad I forgot you were a shitty clone of an already shitty user who contributes nothing but trash LOL my bad
Im sorry but... first the sugar, then the milk, then the tea...from a real teapot.
i think i've always been a pretty grumpy old man, but only the people i'm close to have the privilege of seeing me for who i really am
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Ugh I hate interacting with grumpy people. But I doubt someone grumpy would want to interact with someone as cheerful as myself so perhaps it's for the best that I try to avoid people who are grumpy for no reason.
cat
Quote by Guitardude19

no you dumb fuck you dont add anything to tea you goddamn kid if you want hot flavored sugar water just stick a mug of kool aid in the microwave and kill yourself

FUCK

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

she's broken out of the drug thread, quick someone lock her back up
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
no you dumb fuck you dont add anything to tea you goddamn kid if you want hot flavored sugar water just stick a mug of kool aid in the microwave and kill yourself

FUCK

Kill myself? I wouldn't give you the satisfaction. I'd call you a cunt, but you have neither the depth nor the capacity to give pleasure.
lmao look at this bitch tryna be Jimmy Carr over here

I bet that fucker puts milk in his tea too
Quote by Guitardude19
Kill myself? I wouldn't give you the satisfaction. I'd call you a cunt, but you have neither the depth nor the capacity to give pleasure.

:c

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by TobusRex
Men drink coffee. Women drink tea.
so

you gounna eviscerate yourself now?
Quote by TobusRex
Men drink coffee. Women drink tea.

Sir, the British are not women. Our women even look like men, therefore, tea is a very manly drink.

Coffee is an adequate beverage too and one should always drink it at any given opportunity.

Quote by M00NAGEDAYDREAM
:c

I was only joking, you can give pleasure.You seem nice. Calling me a dumbfuck was rather accurate.

Quote by Banjocal
lmao look at this bitch tryna be Jimmy Carr over here

I bet that fucker puts milk in his tea too

Sometimes you hear a good put down and you gotta use it.

Yes, I put milk in my tea. I put a splash of milk, but such a small amount I may as well not bother putting the milk in. Dark tea ftw.

Quote by Våd Hamster
I remember you from way back. You were a cool dude, helped people, took help. So I will give you this one sincere bit of advice:

Listen to yourself. You are regressing. You are projecting your anger outwards, people are noticing, starting with those you actually care about.
The fault is not entirely yours, but it is your problem, and if you want to be happy, you must realise the problem is YOU.
Focus on the positive. Put others before yourself, if you care about them. DEFINE YOURSELF FROM WHAT YOU LOVE, NOT WHAT YOU HATE.

Vad! I hope you are well. I thank you for your advice and words, I think you might be right vis a vis the anger projection.
Last edited by Guitardude19 at Oct 27, 2016,
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Yeah, absolutely savage. It's practically like blowing up an orphanage.
I wouldn't say I'm 'grumpy', I'm really pleasant to most people and it's very difficult for you to realise if you're bothering me (as I'll always pretend you aren't).

But that said, yeah as I get older I try to avoid people as much as I can. I'll give them the time of day should I need to and be as helpful as possible etc, but if I could get away with keeping my head down and not talking to any strangers ever, then I probably would.
Quote by chrismendiola
Yeah, absolutely savage. It's practically like blowing up an orphanage.

If you'd mentioned blowing an orphan, you'd have attracted banjocal's attention
Quote by TobusRex
If you'd mentioned blowing an orphan, you'd have attracted banjocal's attention
How dare you paint me in such a positive light
Quote by Banjocal
How dare you paint me in such a positive light

Had you pegged as a humanist
Quote by TobusRex
Had you pegged as a humanist
Now I'm just offended

only a little
Page 1 of 2