So, I fell into an ESP M-II with the Floyd Rose and SD pickups instead of the EMGs, and while the guitar is really nice, it just isn't working out.

Now, I've had it listed on craigslist(even lower than said prices) for a while now with a few trade offers but nothing that's really equal. I see them online around 1200-1500$ depending upon the site/vendor (and Im guessing the guitar's condition plays in a factor as well.) I definitely don't want to take it to a pawn shop because best they can do is about treefiddy. I'm also worried about chain guitar shops and even mom and pop guitar shops because they want to make a profit off of it as well.

With the guitar not being named Gibson/Fender I think that's just hurting the activity on craigslist. So, my question is should I list it around that selling price, and just be patient for the right person to come by, or are there other avenues where I can find guitarists who might be interested in the guitar.
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird
Be patient! Maybe try Reverb for selling. There is definitely a market out there for your guitar. Not being Gibson/Fender does not hurt it. Just have to be patient.
Gibson DC standard, PRS S2 Mira, Fender MIA strat, HWY1 tele, Reverend Manta Ray 290, Charvel Pro mod, ESP LTD EC1000 and Viper 400
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100, Peavey Classic 30 2-2x12's
Misc. Pedals
patience is a virtue and Reverb is a good idea as well. with CL the guitar won't sell unless priced to move and that seems to be fairly universal across the country. I've seen nice fairly priced guitars sit there for weeks. make it a deal and then they tend to go faster.
It's about patience and putting it up in as many places as possible. Don't worry about the brand - the people shopping for Gibbys and Fenders aren't the same people after ESPs.

Of course, if you drop the price a tonne, people will bite. But the disadvantage there is obvious Besides, the fuckers will always ask if you can take another 20% off...
Thanks so much for the replies, but with that guitar should I keep it priced near 1200$?

Also, with reverb, does it take a cut of your sale?
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird
They do, but less than eBay.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
reverb is the only way i sell these days, unless something is really large or will move fast.

IMO its better than CL because you don't deal with the people. all you have to do is ship it and you are set.

its also nice that they don't charge to list, just a final value price IIRC 4%.

i don't have the patience for ebay any more. fuckers take 10% and you don't get your funds released until you get feedback. then you get billed by ebay at the end of the month for their cut. fuck ebay.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***9V BATTERIES ARE FROM HELL!*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I'd suggest Reverb too. But also rethink your price. $1200-$1500 looks like a new price for an E-II. Used prices are typically 50% - 75% of new. I'd lean more towards the 75% of new for an E-II depending on the model.

I could see a non-Eclipse going for 75%. Eclipse closer to 50% because they are more common.

You can always set the price on the high end and enable the Make Offer feature and see what you get.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)

Amps:
Mesa Dual Rec Roadster 212
Peavey 5150 212 with V30s
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver
Yeah $1200-1500 is approximately how much a new E-II goes for. I don't think it's reasonable to expect a buyer to pay that amount of money for a used one.
Quote by Axelfox
Please understand how little we as a community care
trashedlostfdup

I've never shipped anything over so much weight. The guitar comes with the ESP hardcase as well, but how much does shipping something like that normally cost?
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird
If a guitar was $1200 and still in great shape (even near mint) if I were buying used I would expect to pay $800-$850 and $900 tops if is near mint with OHSC. For a $1500 new I'd be expecting to pay maybe $1100 max mint in case.

You should maybe list it for $1000 and negotiate for $950 or hold firm if you want. Personally if I'm going to be paying within a few hundred of new price I'm going to just save up and get a new one with the warranty.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Quote by randomhero65
trashedlostfdup

I've never shipped anything over so much weight. The guitar comes with the ESP hardcase as well, but how much does shipping something like that normally cost?

Depends on the shipper and where it's going. You'll want to find a double box for it, even if it is in a case, and you'll want to pad the INSIDE of the case as well. I've seen shipping costs vary from $25 to 85 (prepare for the high side, of course).
Quote by Evilnine
If a guitar was $1200 and still in great shape (even near mint) if I were buying used I would expect to pay $800-$850 and $900 tops if is near mint with OHSC. For a $1500 new I'd be expecting to pay maybe $1100 max mint in case.

You should maybe list it for $1000 and negotiate for $950 or hold firm if you want. Personally if I'm going to be paying within a few hundred of new price I'm going to just save up and get a new one with the warranty.

My thoughts exactly. People won't bid on something unless they feel they can get a great deal on it (unless the item is rare and will go fast). Typically for me if someone is advertising a "barely used" guitar but asking close to new prices I don't even bother. If it's that close then I will just buy it new. You can hold as firm as you want just depends on whether you want or need the money.

I believe reverb takes 3.5% of your overall sale. Honestly I only sell on reverb as well. CL is such a hassle and people want to offer you the dumbest of trades.
Gibson DC standard, PRS S2 Mira, Fender MIA strat, HWY1 tele, Reverend Manta Ray 290, Charvel Pro mod, ESP LTD EC1000 and Viper 400
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100, Peavey Classic 30 2-2x12's
Misc. Pedals
Quote by Evilnine

i missed the price part. used is used. it doesn't matter if it is mint, you are going to lose 40%+/- a little bit.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

***9V BATTERIES ARE FROM HELL!*** (updated 2016-11-27)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I'm a huge ESP lover and often track prices on them. You can 100% sell at 1k and should be able to get 1200 if you're patient. Real ESP's (Pre-E-ii) tend to sell somewhat better despite being the same quality. But yeah, I'd say 1k would be the sell quick price.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i missed the price part. used is used. it doesn't matter if it is mint, you are going to lose 40%+/- a little bit.

Agreed but personally I will spend more on something used if it is minty than I will on something is banged up.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Oct 28, 2016,
Thanks for the feedback. I had a guy willing to trade a Gibson Standard SG 24 Fret for the ESP M-II, but after trying out my M-II, he cancelled. Either way, I'll be patient with the guitar, and I'll look into Reverb as an option. Does Reverb list for long periods of time, or do the listings because archived after a while?
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird
AFAIK, unless you put a time limit on it- like by making it into an auction- yr listing will stay active until it is sold or withdrawn. There's stuff on my "Watched" list over a year old.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
dannyalcatraz
Thanks for the information. I'm going to clean her up and then take some nice pictures and list it.
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird
Quote by Evilnine
Agreed but personally I will spend more on something used if it is minty than I will on something is banged up.

Yeah the condition probably affects value a little, but even genuinely 100% as-new is going to take a pretty big hit from the new price (because, apart from anything else, as people have been saying here, if the price is close to new you're a bit of a dope if you don't just buy new in that case, considering all of the advantages you get from that). But more importantly, being in good condition might be the difference between the item actually selling or not. And that's pretty important. Don't bank on mint condition getting you (much) more money- but keeping stuff in good condition is just good practice because it might be the difference between someone buying your item or someone else's.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Dave_Mc

Good insight. This guitar still has the Inspection Sticker on the back and the plastic cover on a few things which is pretty good since the guitar was made in '05.
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird
Quote by randomhero65
Dave_Mc

Good insight. This guitar still has the Inspection Sticker on the back and the plastic cover on a few things which is pretty good since the guitar was made in '05.

those things may help it sell a bit faster but as dave said don't count on it bringing more money. bottom line is that people have to feel like they are getting a "deal" otherwise they just go to Guitar Center or the like
monwobobbo

So this is where I would need to be patient then and hope to find an ESP enthusiast? If not, then I'll just have to drop the price to expedite the process.
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird
Quote by randomhero65
monwobobbo

So this is where I would need to be patient then and hope to find an ESP enthusiast? If not, then I'll just have to drop the price to expedite the process.

while patience is great you have to be sensible as well. I'd drop the price down a bit if I was you. not saying give it away but again people want a deal otherwise they might has well get it from a store where they get a guarantee etc.
^ yeah

just watch the stickers don't leave gunk behind if they've been on that long
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by Evilnine

Wait, what happened to "Don't worry about the dings and dents. People pay extra to have that done to their guitars!" I keep hearing on these forums?
Quote by randomhero65
Dave_Mc

I'd pull those things off as soon as possible. Nothing like getting a guitar that has a sticker welded permanently on. Those things never indicate "minty" to me.
I use CL, Reverb (local pickup only), and Letgo app for selling. Facebook has many groups, including a ESP/LTD group you might post it on. There should also be a FB group for selling musical gear in your area. Philadelphia area has several, and they work.

Best of luck
--- Joe ---
07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 || 77 Bradley LPC || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Lite
12 Martin GPCPA4 || 06 Ovation Elite-T
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Tech21 Trademark 10
Quote by dspellman
Wait, what happened to "Don't worry about the dings and dents. People pay extra to have that done to their guitars!" I keep hearing on these forums?

hahaha, the whole relic thing can be funny. if you're selling one s/h you'll get people asking if those dents were meant to be there or not.
Quote by crownegamers

Quote by dspellman